EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Pulled the Isham Bladeworks Blackstar outta the box this morning for a fun-filled day of errands and chores.

I never actually got around to the chores and I really didn’t have much fun....so I guess I’ll simply dub it my “lazy mind, lazy body typically boring Saturday carry”.

Yeah....that’s definitely got a more honest ring to it.

26W8sl0.jpg
ZrSKQur.jpg
ptIudf2.jpg

Lol....and for those of you asking the question, the answer is “No, this guy can’t ever post just one pic of a knife”. I think the compulsive need to post multiple pics is somehow tied in to my OCD (I do the same thing on the watch forums). I’ll have to ask my therapist about it. I imagine it’ll make for an interesting 55 minute discussion and cover some new ground for her. Seems like a lot of my “quirks” tend to lead us down the path into uncharted territory. Apparently I’m quite the case study. Yay me!

Anyway, I now pass the “Tribunal Sharing Stick” to the guy sitting on my right, or in this case, whoever is posting next. Share away....we’re all listening.
Wow is that beautiful...

Got home from dinner about 15 minutes before my wife (in 2 separate cars tonight) and had the brilliant idea of lighting up the garden table. Lasted all of about 6 minutes before I realized that 80 degree evenings and fire tables don’t pair all that well together.

My second revelation was that fire and knives (together) aren’t nearly as easy to photograph as some folks here have made it look.

And lastly....I’d have bet the farm that today was Friday.

Anyway, small Sebenza for my Thursday “that felt like Friday” evening carry....

HbiXcj4.jpg
xetf9Fs.jpg

Nina Klotzli very kindly replied to both my emails regarding the clip screws but really didn't provide useful information about the drivers needed. They really don't want owners taking apart their knives so they and have deliberately used (and loc-tited) unusual fasteners to discourage having re-assembled and poorly tuned knives in circulation that don't meet their standards. :rolleyes:. She said they employed (but didn't identify) more common screws with the SBG, apart from those for the clip. I quote--"I didnt know the Bristol head, but from what I can see on the internet, this is not the correct head. It really is a «Spline» with a 1/72 thread. We are using these because a lot of the American knife makers that my dad worked with used these. But the matching screw drivers are really hard to find, that is true." @tiguy7 , is there another type of Spline Head screw?

I like the knife, took it to work today, and made good use of it paring some notches and cleaning up biscuit-joiner slot tear-outs, but this thing with unnecessarily weird screws and the proprietary attitude is annoying.

Q8DpkOj.jpg

5ymbbDx.jpg

Nina Klotzli very kindly replied to both my emails regarding the clip screws but really didn't provide useful information about the drivers needed. They really don't want owners taking apart their knives so they and have deliberately used (and loc-tited) unusual fasteners to discourage having re-assembled and poorly tuned knives in circulation that don't meet their standards. :rolleyes:. She said they employed (but didn't identify) more common screws with the SBG, apart from those for the clip. I quote--"I didnt know the Bristol head, but from what I can see on the internet, this is not the correct head. It really is a «Spline» with a 1/72 thread. We are using these because a lot of the American knife makers that my dad worked with used these. But the matching screw drivers are really hard to find, that is true." @tiguy7 , is there another type of Spline Head screw?

I like the knife, took it to work today, and made good use of it paring some notches and cleaning up biscuit-joiner slot tear-outs, but this thing with unnecessarily weird screws and the proprietary attitude is annoying.

Q8DpkOj.jpg

5ymbbDx.jpg
I know what they're thinking....
Why are they removing a perfectly good clip?
Old school company that's been producing high quality cutlery for like 150 years probably has a point.
But if anyone with an SBG wants a couple of 1-72 clip screws after some ill advised experimentation shoot me a PM and I'll mail a couple, I have a dozen or so.
T-6 Torx bit, nothing special.

Back