EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

After seeing Mako’s post yesterday, I went straight for the Viper Belone this morning for “Three Pic Thursday”.

In fact, looking back....there was no hesitation whatsoever at the box; none...just a quick grab-n-go move on the fly. I’m beginning to think I may have subconsciously planned today’s carry...yesterday, which is not normal for me at all.

Must be that some of you guys (The Factor, ChazzyP...I’m lookin’ at you) are starting to get in my head....to the point that I’m now prepping my edc a day in advance. What just happened?

Yep, I know. I can actually hear the chant starting already. “He’s one of us...He’s one of us...”

Haha...things could be a whole lot worse, so I’m not complaining. I’m just gonna embrace it....and start thinking about what I’m gonna carry tomorrow....today.

Have a great evening, folks!

fbx4E6O.jpg
D5LgetT.jpg
OAlrQ7E.jpg

I had an exhausting day today as my sidekick couldn't come in until lunchtime and, though I'd put the morning in solo, we worked until dusk to get some hours in and get everything well packed away as it's gonna rain overnight and through tomorrow.

Anyway, no fresh pics today, but I found these from the last time I carried my TSEK for Throwback Thursday. The Tactical Safety Equipment Knife is basically an AFCK (Advanced Folding Combat Knife) handle with a different blade style and thumb stud deployment. I don't know that these ever came as liner locks, so this one's more similar to the 806 AXIS than the 800 series. This old 440C blade is still one of the sharpest I have and is real easy to get so.

cqD4taR.jpg

VHU19Nh.jpg

Adding this Chaves Ultramar Redención 229 tanto to the mix today. :)

GhSrZkm.jpg

It slots right into my "big three" that I've been focusing on this spring, but doesn't step on any toes. (This is day 66 for the XM-18 3.5, day 43 for the NeOn NL, and day 37 for the Husky. Still loving all of them!)

LAE93pl.jpg

It has taken me at least a year to get used to the idea of the signature platypus skull pocket clip, then to realize that I kind of like it, and then to realize it's actually my style. It's been a journey! :D

Apparently the next generation of the 229 will ship with a non-skull clip installed and the skull clip in the box, so if you love everything else about the Chaves aesthetic you're in luck. ;)

mPJGmfV.jpg
Really liking those Chaves tantos

Back