EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Sometimes you just gotta give in to your inner mall ninja....
5U7TiZE.jpg
YOWtvjm.jpg
I wish I could justify something like that. But, I already own four Griptilians so it’s not going to happen.

In the plague times my days are always full of knife swaps, but right now it's these two: Hinderer XM-18 3.5 (day 71) and the newly arrived Quiet Carry Drift. :)

HeHujKs.jpg

I've never handled a QC knife before, but everything I've seen/read about them primed me to expect a quality knife. The Drift delivers on that front, with exceptional fit, finish, and functionality. :thumbsup:

It's small, light, slicey, practical, people-friendly, and rustproof, and my day-to-day knife needs have room for all of the above. I think of Spyderco as the king of the rustproof niche (although I know there are other options/manufacturers available), but I wanted an upgrade from my serrated Salt 2 -- and the Drift delivers on that front, too. :)

hRAepqG.jpg

I have thought about.

Two were gifts so they will stay in my collection. I guess that I could sell the other two.

I also have two CRKT Prowlers that I enjoy. They are similar to the DPx knife.

I do question how much use the DPX knife would actually receive after the honeymoon phase.

I've always been on the fence with DPX. I owned a Heat briefly. The weight and handle to blade length ratio bothered me. Not a big thumb stud fan either at this point. However, I prefer the DPX wave opener to the Emerson design, in that it was much easier to remove from the pocket without opening it. Plus, back when I owned my Heat, I drank a bit and it was fun at a few parties. I just prefer lighter, slimmer blades these days.

Back