EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

sabre cat

Basic Member
Sometimes you just gotta give in to your inner mall ninja....
5U7TiZE.jpg
YOWtvjm.jpg
I wish I could justify something like that. But, I already own four Griptilians so it’s not going to happen.

Dadpool

Gold Member
In the plague times my days are always full of knife swaps, but right now it's these two: Hinderer XM-18 3.5 (day 71) and the newly arrived Quiet Carry Drift. :)

HeHujKs.jpg

I've never handled a QC knife before, but everything I've seen/read about them primed me to expect a quality knife. The Drift delivers on that front, with exceptional fit, finish, and functionality. :thumbsup:

It's small, light, slicey, practical, people-friendly, and rustproof, and my day-to-day knife needs have room for all of the above. I think of Spyderco as the king of the rustproof niche (although I know there are other options/manufacturers available), but I wanted an upgrade from my serrated Salt 2 -- and the Drift delivers on that front, too. :)

hRAepqG.jpg

K.O.D.

Criminally Inane
Platinum Member
I have thought about.

Two were gifts so they will stay in my collection. I guess that I could sell the other two.

I also have two CRKT Prowlers that I enjoy. They are similar to the DPx knife.

I do question how much use the DPX knife would actually receive after the honeymoon phase.

I've always been on the fence with DPX. I owned a Heat briefly. The weight and handle to blade length ratio bothered me. Not a big thumb stud fan either at this point. However, I prefer the DPX wave opener to the Emerson design, in that it was much easier to remove from the pocket without opening it. Plus, back when I owned my Heat, I drank a bit and it was fun at a few parties. I just prefer lighter, slimmer blades these days.