EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Did you get black hardware and clip for that or bright? I thought a little about going bright with my clip but hadn't considered changing out the screws and pivot and decided to keep the stealth finish throughout. I figure if the powder coated clip gets a little banged up it'll blend with the blackwash just fine. I love that look and one of the knives I regret selling was my de-assisted 0350 in that same finish. I look forward to seeing your Rexford tricked out when your parts come in.

I like everything about the 0801 and the BW is just icing on the cake. I always wanted a second one as my first pimped model is just too pretty to carry and scuff up. I spent a whole evening re-sanding the bolsters after scratching them up when I first got it. Off-topic here, but I'm always happy to show that one off too.... ;)

idx2dca.jpg

...and no more billboard effect, either. :)

TTmYoYV.jpg

Hey ChazzyP, For hardware I went with bronze titanium. For the clip I went with black powder coat. The pivot, barrel spacers, and clip will be coming from Pennsylvania and the scales screws will be coming from Australia. In about six weeks it will be to the way I want it. For reference and to give you an idea of what bronze titanium and black wash look together, here is a pic of my 0561BW. I always enjoy when you share that pick of you blue anodized 0801. Very classy and well done.

Met an acquaintance this afternoon who happens to be the only other person I know in town who enjoys knives. Whenever we know our paths are gonna cross, we try to bring along one of our newer arrivals...or something the other hasn’t seen.

We don’t have any real knife shops in our neck of the woods. If you’re lucky, you might stumble across a Benchmade, Kershaw or Spyderco at one of the local ranges/gun shops....but that’s about as exotic as it gets here. Just about every knife we own between us was purchased “sight unseen” online, so I think we both look forward to seeing stuff we otherwise wouldn’t have access to.

Anyway, since first seeing my small Sebenza (with box elder inlays) my friend seems to have developed an interest in CRKs. So today I had a newer one (with graphics) in my pocket.

He was carrying a Cold Steel AD-10. Prior to today, I’d never even seen a Cold Steel knife in person, and while the AD-10 is a bit too big for me personally, it’s got a really solid feel, felt great in my hand and definitely seems able and willing to take on any challenge. Very cool knife.

Lol, I guess in hindsight it might’ve been cool to take a pic of both knives....but I don’t know the guy all that well and it just would’ve felt awkward under the circumstances. I took this just before leaving the house:

3PyUYPL.jpg

Back