EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Tri-Tone Titanium Tuesday with the WE Deacon and the newest addition to my model car collection, 1949 Buick Roadmaster convertible. I've really gained an appreciation for the early post-WWII cars. Buick Fireball Straight 8 engine. Magnificent.

dKQ3Ouu.jpg

While replying to a post about the NeOn UL over at the Bears' Den, I got mine out of the drawer for comparison's sake and to check it out. It lives in one side of this double case opposite my F95R as the two knives have always seemed a Mutt and Jeff pairing to me with their somewhat similar milling patterns and single sided lanyard attachments. It's been cool, gray, and raining on and off all day so I didn't work on my landscape stairs but hung around the house doing paperwork instead before heading over to the gym to get my cardio workout in. I'm just toting these two around with me, still in their pouch in my sweatshirt pocket, making light use of them when the need arises.

lIsfoOF.jpg

yjjIhkb.jpg

Went with the WE Roxi for a brutally hot Tuesday.

I know there’s a punchline or funny caption that should accompany pics of a WE “Roxi” on the rocks, but for the life of me I can’t come up with anything.

It’ll probably come to me about 3:00am....jarring me out of a deep sleep. “A man walks into a bar. Bartender says....”

And at 3:00am it’ll seem funny as crap, too.

Honestly.....it’s probably a good thing I’ve got nothing. My wife says they’re never funny at 3:00am.

6860BE6B-9E26-4B4E-8B77-0343D19C6086.jpeg971925C2-55CE-4B08-8348-3AAC6F85A4B8.jpeg

Went with the WE Roxi for a brutally hot Tuesday.

I know there’s a punchline or funny caption that should accompany pics of a WE “Roxi” on the rocks, but for the life of me I can’t come up with anything.

It’ll probably come to me about 3:00am....jarring me out of a deep sleep. “A man walks into a bar. Bartender says....”

And at 3:00am it’ll seem funny as crap, too.

Honestly.....it’s probably a good thing I’ve got nothing. My wife says they’re never funny at 3:00am.

View attachment 1558015View attachment 1558019
Too true!!! Lol.

Mini Adamas in the morning, NeOn NL in the afternoon, and the 0640 is a new arrival I'll be carrying for what's left of the day. :)

When buying a knife online, without being able to handle it first, it's always hard to know what might be a problem and what's just an "internet problem." The internet says the bile-green scales, over-tight pocket clip with a shallow ramp, and possibly the thumb disk all need immediate replacement.

tIOb45B.jpg

I was pretty sure "they" were right about the scales; those replacements were ordered at the same time as the knife (they just haven't arrived yet). I will say that the scales do look better in person -- one reviewer said "more like toxic green," and that's on the money. But "bilious" is on the money, too. ;)

The disk works fine and looks great, but I always replace the disks on my Emersons so I'll wind up trying a larger one here as well. The clip is definitely a challenge in jeans, but it's a small challenge. It's awesome in shorts/anything with thinner pockets. I may pop on a Bugout or Lynch clip when I'm swapping out the scales, just to see how they feel.

The internet also said that the ZT 0640 is an outstanding design, and I agree 100% there. :thumbsup: I've never bought a knife planning to immediately change out the scales before, though. New frontiers! o_O😁

Back