EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

It was a good day to carry the Hudson with a relaxing morning catching up here, reading the paper and doing the Sunday crossword online, followed up by a workout, all the while dressed accordingly and carrying the knife in its slip in my T-shirt pocket.

ThiUDyG.jpg

qAscvRG.jpg

Later, I helped my wife clean up behind the old playhouse out back as our neighbor is replacing his fence and we took the opportunity to tidy up there between the removal of the old and installation of the new. I needed a work knife for a few outdoor tasks there and grabbed my Native Chief. While at it, I slayed a nasty old cardboard box out of the woodshed and boy did that REX45 FFG slicing machine fly right through it.

8CPGJS4.jpg

On belt: Marbles MR417 Two blade slipjoint folding hunter.
In Pocket a (quote/unquote) "Remington" canoe, I believe made by Camillus, sometime in the 1990's.
Both the Marbles and "Remington" have real genuine faux Stag covers.
Normally not shown, but always with me, as it resides in the tote/shopping bag of my primary rollator walker, is a Morakniv Number 1, with "Carbone" blade..
View attachment 1565404
Yes, boh blades on the folding hunter are about 1/4inch/6,35mm longer than the Morakniv blade.

Last edited:
Still feeling like warmed-over :poop: today, but quality cutlery is helping. ;)

The 0462 and Malibu have been with me for the day. For my money, the 0462 is one of the most refined designs in ZT's portfolio, with little touches I associate with Reate and milling that comes darned close to my Shirogorov NeOn NL -- for less $$$ than either.

GpPjc8O.jpg

"soft-carry Sunday" immediately made me think of Letterkenny and super soft birthday parties. :D Gorgeous knife! :thumbsup: I always love the finishing details on William Henry knives.

JJK2l0V.jpg
Thanks for the nice words regarding the knife, I find the detail work and finishing to be exceptional. I’m fortunate that my local watch shop happens to be an AD for William Henry, so I’m able to get a significant discount on them. I can definitely see another one in my future at some point.

Lol, and I gotta be honest....I don’t know if those guys are before or after my time, but I’ve never heard of Letterkenny. I’ll have to check it/them out now.

Thanks for the nice words regarding the knife, I find the detail work and finishing to be exceptional. I’m fortunate that my local watch shop happens to be an AD for William Henry, so I’m able to get a significant discount on them. I can definitely see another one in my future at some point.

Lol, and I gotta be honest....I don’t know if those guys are before or after my time, but I’ve never heard of Letterkenny. I’ll have to check it/them out now.

They're on my (long) list of "knives to try eventually," that's for sure!

If incredibly dry Canadian humor is up your alley, Letterkenny is a hoot. :)

Back