EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

5D5uz5m.jpg
Got to throw 200 lbs of 410 in a VRF today wooho.

Finally caught up a bit and got to the same day everyone else is on, so I went with the Viper Turn for Micarta Monday.

I don’t carry it all that often, but there’s a lot to like with this knife. I was a bit hesitant at first, but I find the lock-back design extremely user friendly and simple to manipulate. And the deep carry clip, while fairly basic, finds its groove every time. Regardless of what I’m wearing it just slips in and hunkers down…..I never have to fiddle with getting it into my pocket. Comfortable grip, generous jimping and razor sharp….this one has truly grown on me.

A8030D66-2024-4B69-A12C-A7ED2452E597.jpegE6E7E579-69CA-4926-979B-D8EF68A90B1F.jpeg

I put the money I'd set aside for the REC Shaman (in CTS-Unobtainium -- missed it by about a minute!) into a knife I've been curious about for some time, a WE Snecx Mini Buster with a few miles on it. :)

This is definitely an "enthusiast knife," and as an enthusiast I'm digging it. It oozes engineering; I especially like the internally grooved backspacer, which allows the frame to accommodate a surprisingly wide blade. And the HDPS is fascinating, giving it an action (and opening sound) unlike any other knife I've handled. It uses the same pin as the detent and the lockbar interface, so on closing it just needs to be a tilted few degrees away from straight/locked-up to smoooothly glide shut.

XDl6nDW.jpg

Back