EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Second hip replacement surgery. Should recover quicker than the one in March. The 940-1 always makes it betteršŸ˜
Not the best pic, but the wifey did the best she could.

Hope youā€™re up and running in no time. Youā€™ve inspired me. I go in for the first of two hip replacements in about 3 weeks. Lol, but I think Iā€™m gonna let my surgeon use his own knife. I mean, dear lordā€¦.bringing your own knife to a hip replacement? Thatā€™s some serious, hardcore knife-nut stuff right there. Haha

Not sure Iā€™ll ever find myself thinking ā€œThank god my knife scales have tritium inlays in them, otherwiseā€¦..Iā€™d have been effinā€™ screwed!ā€

But who knows, right? Better to have and not need than needā€¦.

Anyway, it might be a bit ā€œgimmickyā€ for a lot of folks, but so far Iā€™m really happy with this one. Flips open with authority, fit and finish are respectable and itā€™s apparently made in the brandā€™s Detroit, MI facilities. For their first foray into knife making, Iā€™d say they did pretty well with this little knife.

The one thing Iā€™d like to see improved upon is the clip. It functions absolutely fine, I just think it couldā€™ve been designed to compliment the knifeā€™s angular, clean-line aesthetics a bit better.

View attachment 1587581View attachment 1587583View attachment 1587584
Just looked at the specs on this knife, looks like a great gentleman's carry. Those tritium inserts make it very unique.šŸ‘

Hope youā€™re up and running in no time. Youā€™ve inspired me. I go in for the first of two hip replacements in about 3 weeks. Lol, but I think Iā€™m gonna let my surgeon use his own knife. I mean, dear lordā€¦.bringing your own knife to a hip replacement? Thatā€™s some serious, hardcore knife-nut stuff right there. Haha
Truth.

Carried my old faithful today. Pretty much the knife that inspired my knife nuttiness. Bought at a gun show around 2006, carried everyday for 10 years, lost and found it about five times, broke the tip off like a moron using it to pry something, (Kershaw fixed for free). My first assisted open knife and I loved it ( even though not crazy about them now) Had to retire it cause Iā€™m too nostalgic and would hate to lose it for good.

y07UdRL.jpg

Well, my last few weeks have been so so busy and it doesnā€™t look like itā€™s gonna slow down anytime soon. I need a week off. Haha.
I canā€™t complain, as having too much work is better than the alternative.

Decided to carry these tonight while watching some hockey. Trying to relax.

4A8272A3-CD53-4716-9486-6E8DC582BCDD.jpeg

What am I looking at here? I like it
Not sure Iā€™ll ever find myself thinking ā€œThank god my knife scales have tritium inlays in them, otherwiseā€¦..Iā€™d have been effinā€™ screwed!ā€

But who knows, right? Better to have and not need than needā€¦.

Anyway, it might be a bit ā€œgimmickyā€ for a lot of folks, but so far Iā€™m really happy with this one. Flips open with authority, fit and finish are respectable and itā€™s apparently made in the brandā€™s Detroit, MI facilities. For their first foray into knife making, Iā€™d say they did pretty well with this little knife.

The one thing Iā€™d like to see improved upon is the clip. It functions absolutely fine, I just think it couldā€™ve been designed to compliment the knifeā€™s angular, clean-line aesthetics a bit better.

View attachment 1587581View attachment 1587583View attachment 1587584
Always enjoy reading your posts

I canā€™t complain, as having too much work is better than the alternative
Very true words

A66DADEF-0290-4379-9EB2-AAD4698B0E6D.jpegSame knife, too lazy to swap

Thanks brother.
Youā€™ll do fine. Being in the best physical shape you can be in is vitally important to a speedy recovery.
Good luck sir.šŸ‘šŸ»

Back