EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Happy 4th! USA Made Blade ano job on the 562.

8KfWRCv.jpg

The Glow Rhino felt appropriate today. I’m thinkin’ since we don’t have any fireworks this year, if I get a wild hair up my caboose later tonight I can run around in the street waving the knife in circles and making hearts in the air for my wife…you know, like ya’ would with a sparkler.

Kinda missing the days when the kids were little and we’d go to the beach at the city pier and watch our town’s incredible firework display lighting up the sky over the Gulf of Mexico. As the kids got a little older and the traffic and congestion started sucking the fun from it, the 4th became a neighborhood tradition for all the families on our street. Lawn chairs, coolers, kids everywhere and an all-night party featuring fireworks purchased from roadside stands. Great times, great memories.

But alas, there’s been a changing of the guard. That generation of kids is now off at college or working. New families have moved in as the (then) older folks have downsized or moved on to assisted living.

So the reality is that tonight it’s just me and my wife at home, settling in for a night of binge-watching “Criminal Minds”. By 9:30 or so I’ll be the crotchety old pump-a-grump storming the house in pajamas, peering out the front windows and muttering under my breath that I wish those damn families down the street would stop making such an effin’ ruckus. Funny how times change and the cycle continues.

Dear lord, I swear I had no idea where this train was heading when it pulled outta the station, but I sure did steer it waaaay the hell off the tracks and into a big ol’ puddle of weird. Lol, sorry for waxing nostalgic on you guys. I get a pass though, ‘cause I’m old and on meds.

Hope everyone’s having a great weekend!
8708A3A8-E11D-4032-953D-0292CD84809F.jpeg

The Glow Rhino felt appropriate today. I’m thinkin’ since we don’t have any fireworks this year, if I get a wild hair up my caboose later tonight I can run around in the street waving the knife in circles and making hearts in the air for my wife…you know, like ya’ would with a sparkler.

Kinda missing the days when the kids were little and we’d go to the beach at the city pier and watch our town’s incredible firework display lighting up the sky over the Gulf of Mexico. As the kids got a little older and the traffic and congestion started sucking the fun from it, the 4th became a neighborhood tradition for all the families on our street. Lawn chairs, coolers, kids everywhere and an all-night party featuring fireworks purchased from roadside stands. Great times, great memories.

But alas, there’s been a changing of the guard. That generation of kids is now off at college or working. New families have moved in as the (then) older folks have downsized or moved on to assisted living.

So the reality is that tonight it’s just me and my wife at home, settling in for a night of binge-watching “Criminal Minds”. By 9:30 or so I’ll be the crotchety old pump-a-grump storming the house in pajamas, peering out the front windows and muttering under my breath that I wish those damn families down the street would stop making such an effin’ ruckus. Funny how times change and the cycle continues.

Dear lord, I swear I had no idea where this train was heading when it pulled outta the station, but I sure did steer it waaaay the hell off the tracks and into a big ol’ puddle of weird. Lol, sorry for waxing nostalgic on you guys. I get a pass though, ‘cause I’m old and on meds.

Hope everyone’s having a great weekend!
View attachment 1594801
I frequently find myself losing interest in a wall of text if the first two lines don’t interest me. I read your whole post and was entertained. Thanks!

Four days in a row with the SG Spider Monkey. Great knife, the CF clip makes a huge difference. Just wish the blade didn't have the waveless Emerson design, my big long thumbs aren't a fan. Stellar fit and finish, great action, best thumbstuds period.

I will be going with something else today, probably.

aRTVnPg.jpg

Back