EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

JScN6qdh.jpg

Sunday Morning's carry

7waOn7y.jpg

I won't be posting this week as I'm heading out on our annual family camping trip to celebrate my birthday. We're camping out in the mountains on a lake, and bringing the kayaks along, so I'm sure it'll be a blast. I'll be sure to post pics when we get back. See y'all on the other side of 45 🥳

SBsT41i.jpg

Last edited:
Sunday Morning's carry

7waOn7y.jpg

I won't be posting this week as I'm heading out on our annual family camping trip to celebrate my birthday. We're camping out in the mountains on a lake, and bringing the kayaks along, so I'm sure it'll be a blast. I'll be sure to post pics when we get back. See y'all on the other side of 45 🥳

SBsT41i.jpg
Happy Birthday!! 🎊🎂🎁🎉
When you get to the top and over the hill 😁😋

Greetings BladeFiends! I’m posting for yesterday, as when I got home in the evening I preferred to scarf down some good food, enjoy a beverage, and rest my aging knees. I went on a little walk in the woods yesterday. It ended up being about an 11-12 mile hike, gaining about 3,500 ft up to an elevation of just under 5,600 ft. This hike has a nice Alpine lake about halfway up, and what I really love about it is that there is a set of old boot paths that you can take off the main trail and pretty much have the place to yourself. It’s alot steeper and more technical than the main trail, but alot more fun as well, and the experience can’t be beat. The trail up (could almost be described as less of a trail and more of a chute that you have to claw your way up) first climbs steeply through the forest and then comes to a really cool boulder field that you have to climb/cross. Then you get to the lake to cool off a bit before heading up to the peak above. After that you can head back down to the lake for another dip, before finally following the other old trail that hugs the creek and waterfalls coming off the lake to get back down. Makes for a long, but extremely fun day!

Up through the forest. It’s much steeper in person than it comes across in pics. Time to bust out the Jurassic and fashion myself some walking sticks.

i3yP3Ml.jpg

Now for the fun part, crossing this. People I have brought here find this part daunting when they see it, but it’s really just a matter of stepping/climbing from one rock to the next. This is the part that makes the trail for me.

BXjBTDw.jpg

Kjv4Our.jpg

The view back down after I’ve made it. I might or might not have hollered “Riiii-CO-LA!” at this point.

WQP1UHc.jpg

Up at the lake. Cool off, hydrate, and on to the real hike up to the peak above.

g6salLM.jpg

y4sB2eF.jpg

JAPUNA6.jpg

After climbing through some more forest and getting above the tree line you are welcomed to
wildflowers in full bloom and stunning views of Rainier staring you in the face.

5HKeVXD.jpg

pjgPISn.jpg

4eO9o9r.jpg

Eventually the path takes a turn, and it’s time to make your way straight up to the peak. Here you are met with breathtaking 360 views of the surrounding mountains. If you look, you can see that lake below (on the right) that I was at just a couple of hours ago.

RyrhsKS.jpg

NqmtbKC.jpg

qTkOgh1.jpg

After soaking in the views for a bit, it was time to head back down to the lake for another cool down.

7sqL8AL.jpg

PWkppyH.jpg

Finally, you take the other boot path that follows the creek running off of the lake back down. This area is shaded by the canopy, has multiple creek crossings, and is covered in lush green moss. The cool air makes for the perfect ending to a long hot hike. It’s like walking through an enchanted forest. Take that until it meets the main trail at the big waterfall, then you’re just a short mile or so back to the ride to head home. Where whiskey awaits!

jS86hyO.jpg

2gWZv5e.jpg

AKeDnuP.jpg

HoDesJw.jpg
Absolutely gorgeous photos! I’ll take a stab at it, based on the view of Rainier and the hills in between, you were in the Alpine lakes?

Good looking knife. Blue liners? Awesome 👍
Thanks the blue liners on the Siren are a nice touch and something i hope to see Spyderco do more of on other models :).

Now that I'm finished with today's projects I'll be carrying them for the rest of the day.

Polished the black off of the Ti clip on the Wharcliffe Salt and anodized it purple. I also picked up a set of Ti Delica hardware, used the parts that were compatible, and ano'd them purple as well. For the remaining hardware I sanded off the black finish and heat bronzed them. Topped it off with a lanyard.

While I had the supplies out, I took the washers off of the MKM Mikro and changed the ano from light blue to purple, and then flame bronzed the screws. A small touch, but much better. I think I would carry this little knife more if it wasn't for the gimmicky (IMO) magnetic sheath snap. As a wearer of vintage watches that is a no-no, plus it clings to the knife constantly. Going to have to figure something else out there.

LhA18Xs.jpg

xrkhcoJ.jpg

uaWZEdd.jpg
Love the pop of ano on the salt what a great idea and awesome pics as always! Oh and Happy Bday!

I’m sure you will get the moist out of it 😁
Haha! The siren definitely came in handy opening packages and such at a kids bday party yesterday.

C8749C08-9AEB-433D-BB27-4BCFBC8EC4F9.jpeg
Waited 2 month for this one to arrive from Russia but was worth the wait. Very well balanced and meets the golden oz per inch of blade at 4.25”/4.25oz making it a great edc. If your into balis I recommend checking this maker out. plenty of Ti and a lot of value here. It will be in the pocket today.

Attachments

• 2003C488-AFC2-4166-A279-5D1A1E5B80AC.jpeg
    2003C488-AFC2-4166-A279-5D1A1E5B80AC.jpeg
    360.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 69238334-A517-49DF-9AA9-64CB6EA137C1.jpeg
    69238334-A517-49DF-9AA9-64CB6EA137C1.jpeg
    234.3 KB · Views: 4
Back