EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

B07-B1321-466-B-4590-B2-AE-7-EF0970401-B1.jpg

Changed my mind.
The vampires I have to visit in the A.M. won't see but the Scout/Camp knife clipped to a belt loop.
Exchanged the Buck 301 Forum Knife (CPM154 blades) to Marbles MR431 D2 Sowbelly Stockman, the Harness Jack for a Rough Ryder RR139 sleeveboard sunfish, and the Buck 110 for a Marbles MR139 "fishing knife" (Marbles' rendition of a Douk Douk?)
View attachment 1603619

I was reminded again today why I don’t carry this knife very often. While it has great potential, it literally takes no pressure at all to close the blade. I wish I had a better understanding or working knowledge of this “double detent” system, but if anyone has any suggestions I’d love to hear them. I’ve emailed Isham Bladeworks several times to see if there’s anything they can do to give it some sense of “lock up” when opened…..but my inquiries have gone unanswered.

It’s a shame that using it scares the crap outta me. At least I got a pretty cool pic today, lol.

To paraphrase what Sharp & Fiery Sharp & Fiery said about another slip joint, I’m now the proud owner of a glorified letter opener.

God help me if I hit any tape with it….

321E8CC9-2E0C-4DFB-9547-2DF241E76466.jpeg

I was reminded again today why I don’t carry this knife very often. While it has great potential, it literally takes no pressure at all to close the blade. I wish I had a better understanding or working knowledge of this “double detent” system, but if anyone has any suggestions I’d love to hear them. I’ve emailed Isham Bladeworks several times to see if there’s anything they can do to give it some sense of “lock up” when opened…..but my inquiries have gone unanswered.

It’s a shame that using it scares the crap outta me. At least I got a pretty cool pic today, lol.

To paraphrase what Sharp & Fiery Sharp & Fiery said about another slip joint, I’m now the proud owner of a glorified letter opener.

View attachment 1603639
These types do have their place...downward cutting only. :)
Gotta have at least one beautiful letter opener in the collection, right? 😉

View attachment 1603639
There's probably some tuning that could be done, but it's never really going to "lock-up". It's exactly the same as the closed detent, the ball just drops into a second hole in the open position.

Changed my mind.
The vampires I have to visit in the A.M. won't see but the Scout/Camp knife clipped to a belt loop.
Exchanged the Buck 301 Forum Knife (CPM154 blades) to Marbles MR431 D2 Sowbelly Stockman, the Harness Jack for a Rough Ryder RR139 sleeveboard sunfish, and the Buck 110 for a Marbles MR139 "fishing knife" (Marbles' rendition of a Douk Douk?)
View attachment 1603619
Nothing against the knives in your collection but I don’t think one of them would kick that forum knife out of my pocket. That is a sweet knife.

Back