EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

I've got my first Shiro from five years back and one of my very favorite sets of scales with me on this Micarta Monday, figuring carrying something special might help keep me chilled out heading into knee replacement surgery coming up Wednesday.

SdDYCtC.jpg

ZgbOWhY.jpg

I've got my first Shiro from five years back and one of my very favorite sets of scales with me on this Micarta Monday, figuring carrying something special might help keep me chilled out heading into knee replacement surgery coming up Wednesday.

SdDYCtC.jpg

ZgbOWhY.jpg

Wow, I knew we were both having our replacements around the same time but didn’t think we’d be scheduled for the same day.

ChazzyP ChazzyP , wishing you all the best on Wednesday and a speedy recovery!

Oh, and just to make things interesting….first one to post a “post-op” knife pic on Wednesday wins.

If anyone else wants in on the action, ya’ got til midnight tomorrow to place your bets.

fYI: Vegas currently has ChazzyP as the strong favorite going in. Heck, I just put C-note down on him myself.

Good luck two both of you with the knee replacements!
Do as much bending and therapy as you can. It will be much better in the long run. My doctor couldn't believe how fast mine healed. It still took about a year to get back to normal though. Wait till you kneel on it the first time! (they don't want you to do that but you forget)

Another day of bush cleaning…the REK Knives REK Knives set worked wonderfully yesterday

Today will be with the BM Bugout and the CPK DEK1…View attachment 1612257
Nice to see a well-used Jonny in its natural habitat, S&F. I've got a 46 year-old 49SP still going strong and a CS2258 I bought 3 or so years ago which is fast, powerful, light, and incredibly maneuverable. What model and vintage do you have there?

Wow, I knew we were both having our replacements around the same time but didn’t think we’d be scheduled for the same day.

Oh, and just to make things interesting….first one to post a “post-op” knife pic on Wednesday wins.

If anyone else wants in on the action, ya’ got til midnight tomorrow to place your bets.

fYI: Vegas currently has ChazzyP as the strong favorite going in. Heck, I just put C-note down on him myself.
All the best to you too, Zed. I haven't figured out what I'm gonna bring along yet--probably just toss something in my toiletry bag, but I'll see if I can come out of the fog and get a post up same day. Don't send the leg-breakers after me if you lose your hundred, though. :eek:

Good luck two both of you with the knee replacements!
Do as much bending and therapy as you can. It will be much better in the long run. My doctor couldn't believe how fast mine healed. It still took about a year to get back to normal though. Wait till you kneel on it the first time! (they don't want you to do that but you forget)
Thanks, Phil. I spent several months doing pre-hab when I had my hip done in '18 which put me way ahead in the recovery curve and have been working hard on my legs going into this procedure too, hoping for similar results. :D

Last edited:
That is one excellent wharncliffe!!
Day five of my self-imposed week of Le Thiers/French made carry. I’m beginning to realize I likely concocted this theme subconsciously simply to persuade myself to pocket these knives….as opposed to just letting them collect dust in my display box.

Anyway, today brought me to the Forge de Laguiole Seize “Vega”. I’m going overboard on the pics simply because I’ve only posted this knife once before, so I figured….why not?
View attachment 1610950View attachment 1610951View attachment 1610952View attachment 1610953
Love me a Le Thiers!!!
ke7eox3.jpg

Spikediesel Spikediesel Beautiful!!

All the best to you too, Zed. I haven't figured out what I'm gonna bring along yet--probably just toss something in my toiletry bag, but I'll see if I can come out of the fog and get a post up same day. Don't send the leg-breakers after me if you lose your hundred, though. :eek:

Thanks, Phil. I spent several months doing pre-hab when I had my hip done in '18 which put me way ahead in the recovery curve and have been working hard on my legs going into this procedure too, hoping for similar results. :D

Pics or it didn’t happen. 😂🤣😂
Seriously though, a speedy recovery to you both. 👍🏻

Last edited:
Back