EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

An old ALOX Harvester and new Exocet Sand Trooper (yes, my inner child won the "add to cart" battle) for todays carry šŸ™‚
OPUYRi.jpg

Lazy, late-night pic of the Le Thiers lock-back thatā€™s been in my pocket all day.

Been a rough one. We had to say goodbye to a really well-loved member of the family this afternoon. Sweetest little guy in the world. He had a dislocated hip when we rescued him 12 years ago, so despite the fact that Iā€™m not really a ā€œpet guyā€, I think something about our similar gaits and the fact that we both walked with a limp for the past 12 years helped forge a tight bond between us. He was definitely Dadā€™s little buddy.

Anyway, I know thereā€™s a lot of cat and dog folks ā€˜round these parts so Iā€™d like to share two pics of my little pal. For 12 of his 14-15 years he was spoiled, pampered and loved to his hearts contentā€¦.so I like to think he felt as blessed as we did for the time we had together.

And while I appreciate the thoughts and sentiments, I really donā€™t want to derail the thread with condolences and such. I know you guys are sorry for our lossā€¦..and thatā€™s enough. If yaā€™ want, just toss one back for Trent tonightā€¦heā€™d appreciate that. Honestly just wanted a chance to post a couple of pics of a great little guy I was really proud to call my friend.

Cheers!

81D2C184-999F-406C-86D4-53A3D3D90AE9.jpeg9F51AE6A-F0D9-4BE8-9E08-D294B1089C7F.jpeg8A62C2C7-FEEA-491E-BB89-977D55EFCB53.jpeg

Lazy, late-night pic of the Le Thiers lock-back thatā€™s been in my pocket all day.

Been a rough one. We had to say goodbye to a really well-loved member of the family this afternoon. Sweetest little guy in the world. He had a dislocated hip when we rescued him 12 years ago, so despite the fact that Iā€™m not really a ā€œpet guyā€, I think something about our similar gaits and the fact that we both walked with a limp for the past 12 years helped forge a tight bond between us. He was definitely Dadā€™s little buddy.

Anyway, I know thereā€™s a lot of cat and dog folks ā€˜round these parts so Iā€™d like to share two pics of my little pal. For 12 of his 14-15 years he was spoiled, pampered and loved to his hearts contentā€¦.so I like to think he felt as blessed as we did for the time we had together.

And while I appreciate the thoughts and sentiments, I really donā€™t want to derail the thread with condolences and such. I know you guys are sorry for our lossā€¦..and thatā€™s enough. If yaā€™ want, just toss one back for Trent tonightā€¦heā€™d appreciate that. Honestly just wanted a chance to post a couple of pics of a great little guy I was really proud to call my friend.

Cheers!

View attachment 1628699View attachment 1628700View attachment 1628701
The pup pic's are fantastic!!! šŸ¤£

Weekend Carry:
4 Pin Schrade Old Timer 7OT with a 1095 blade.
"Schrade +" Old Timer 858 Lumberjack Stockman. (only made for 8 years, from 1978 to 1986. A short run for Schrade.)
Venerable "Demo Knife". This particular one a 1975 Army Reserves issue, made by Western.
View attachment 1628761

ŠŠ¾Ńˆ Š¼Š°Šæу Š¼ŠµŠæ 1Šµft at тŠ½Šµ Š²Š°Š³, mr.Wick ?

Cheers!

View attachment 1628699View attachment 1628700View attachment 1628701
So sorry for your loss, brother. Dogs make us better people.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Back