EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Took a little hike up to (and then down into) an Alpine Lake today.

t7sPMCV.jpg

At the top looking down on the lake

zH7Dg0i.jpg

Down at the lake below

vZn58zA.jpg

BhSQx5o.jpg

XlL7Pue.jpg

Czkjfn1.jpg

Forgot my customary apple, but nature provides. Had my fill of berries by the lake, explored around the lake for an hour or so, then decided to head back up and out.

FPBYDeK.jpg

Boe9x2o.jpg

Slipped into something more comfortable when I got back home for supper and dessert ;)

PlAZ71n.jpg

9yu1MSa.jpg

The "Combat Crowbars", Masamune and Muramasa. These things are wildly over-engineered, and I wish I had bought like six or eight spares when they were on clearance; I love them. Note the SB4 with the upside-down T stamp on the blade on the G10 handle; that makes it a very sought after factory fuckup… except for the fact that the previous owner sharpened it because he didn't appreciate the factory "micro-serrated" grind. C'est la vie. The one on the right has been with me since my first field biology classes when I realized that a Kershaw Leek was just not going to cut it wading through swamp mud after a little pocket sand completely froze the mechanism up, requiring a trip back to the mothership for repair. (Still a great knife, the one I bring when I care more about looking flashy than crawling through a rice paddy or experimental pond or survey transect or whatever field project. Got it sharpened by a Randall Made knife tech, and it's only needed a little touch up since that!)
Crowbars.jpg

On the left hip, a holster with a no-holds BRIGHT flashlight and a rather nice beater, all things considered, a Razor-Lite EDC Onyx. I've tried their rubber-grip option, but that wears out super fast, so I prefer the textured glass-filled-nylon "grivory" which also gives a better grip in bad conditions.
Holster.jpg

Holster%20Contents.jpg

Holster%20Make.jpg

In addition, a four-flats (first generation) Surefire A2 Aviator provides more gentle illumination than the ten-watt LED in the CombatLight. Holster was probably for a 1911 magazine in a previous life, but I picked it up for cheap with something else in mind. My first Wilson Combat holster didn't have enough tension to hold a modified Surefire with a massive brass heat sink and oversized battery, but this one has much more support for the light.

Back