EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

EE93h9V.jpg

It is almost like Enzo read my mind on what I like in a folding knife design.

I have a couple of these Birk 75, one in carbon fiber, the other burl wood, both scandi/D2. I really like them but the grind kinda limits their application.

This version in polished and contoured G10/ flat ground S30V is the answer.

I love everything about this folder, low price included.
755FC7B9-EDC3-452A-B81D-402C3BF527C0.jpeg

Whatsup Blade brethren! Haven't posted for a few days, as I've been on a little camping trip with the fam all week. I took an array of knives as I have a tendency to do; The Jurassic and Dragonfly were in my pockets, the Moras were for food prep, The Benchmade carved up some lighter knot as well as a few other camp tasks, and the LT Wright played the vital role of slicing up some fresh figs to enjoy for desert while I sipped my after-dinner whiskey by the fire ;). I didn't snap as many pics as I normally do, but I managed a group shot as well as one pic by the creek.

nL5j77r.jpg

6pIIQIl.jpg

Carrying the Bugout today as I unpack.

or5tdJT.jpg
How do you like the Fireside Friend?

How do you like the Fireside Friend?

I really dig it. It's my first experience with a maul, but I much prefer it to a regular hatchet. Keep in mind that I am just using it as one would a hatchet, and I'm just processing bundles of firewood that are already broken down. Plus I am by no means an expert. Nevertheless, It's what I reach for when I have that or a regular hatchet to choose from.

I really dig it. It's my first experience with a maul, but I much prefer it to a regular hatchet. Keep in mind that I am just using it as one would a hatchet, and I'm just processing bundles of firewood that are already broken down. Plus I am by no means an expert. Nevertheless, It's what I reach for when I have that or a regular hatchet to choose from.
So it’s on kindling duty? Do you find it too bulky to swing one handed comfortably?

Back