EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Posting for yesterday, as by the time I got in last night relaxing and self-medicating a foot injury was more of a priority. Hiked up to a glacier fed lake in the mountains with my son yesterday, a lake known for it's stunning water color. The hike was about 11 miles altogether, with a 3,400ft or so elevation gain. We explored around the lake for a couple of hours as well. There were some fun rock fields to scramble across, berries were plentiful and as plump as I've ever seen them, and views were spectacular. Had an amazing day.

We were in the clouds pretty much the whole way up. I was a bit concerned that we wouldn't be able to see across the lake when we got there. The trail is fairly steep, but according to my son we averaged 4.3mph on the way up.

gUjde1a.jpg

However, my worries were unfounded, as soon enough we arrived to this view (note the glacier in the background). Actually I couldn't have asked for better views, with the clouds opening up just enough to not obscure the lake, while still reminding you that you are in fact in the clouds.

L3DV4S3.jpg

W0PmujN.jpg

CLNmk3B.jpg

Fxr2WwR.jpg

GUaxWri.jpg

cb97XOX.jpg

Oh r u f..g kidding me its unbelievable!

@ferider has already identified his knife for you as a Medved/Bear. I've looked at that one a bit as I'm interested in all things Cheburkov and now have four of Alex's knives which I rated right up there with my Shiro's. I also really like larger knives and all but two of my numerous Russians are 95 mm or greater.

Having seen most all your posts here I know that your taste runs to mid-size blades so you should have a look at ferider's comparison post over at the Cheburkov Channel to get an idea of how the Medved stacks up next to an XM24. I've got one of the latter that I carry some, but not a lot as it's kinda big, even for me. That Bear is sweet indeed, and I've yet to run into anything from Workhop Cheburkova that didn't appeal to me but it's not a big knife--
it's more of a REALLY BIG KNIFE.

Edit: I posted before I caught up with the thread today, so I now see ferider's posted those pics over here as well. Still, my opinions stand despite my redundant link. :rolleyes:

ChazzyP ChazzyP thanks for the feedback and the heads-up regarding the size. You’re spot on regarding my preferences, so I don’t think I'd end up carrying it to often.

It’s a shame, too…. because I’m really diggin’ the knife. And like you, I’m a big fan of Cheburkovs. The two I own have proven themselves as excellent knives.

On a quick side note; I’ve been following your mentions regarding your knee replacement and PT. It’s a bitch, especially compared to a hip replacement…but it sounds like you’re in good hands and putting in the work. Hang in there though….in another month or two this will be a distant speck in your rear-view mirror.

Good luck. I sincerely hope you have a speedy recovery

Back