EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

ChazzyP

Platinum Member
I posted over at the Hinderer thread yesterday and, while mentioning there that I've now accumulated seven RHK's, I thought maybe I should do a week of carrying one each day. The problem with that is I'm still honeymooning with the Firetac and am having a hard time putting it aside., despite the fact that another knife would have made a great carry on MP1 Micarta Monday. Well so much for a namesake day--I'll give it a go at grabbing a different Hinderer tomorrow.

v8cntmh.jpg

p0P4N8t.jpg

Dcdavis

Gold Member
Lol…..I had to do a triple-take to make sure I was putting the right name to the photo. The lack of wires confused the crap outta me.

Nice to see ya’ taking a few minutes to enjoy the scenery!!
Haha. Always something calming about water

Other than the first time I worked down in a tug boat engine room on a very windy choppy day…..

Chuck_Nunface

Gold Member
I have a love hate relationship with this Kawiken but I bought it (a long time ago) so it's in my pocket for the week. Should have returned it immediately but actually love the design. However the execution was the worst I've experienced from any production manufacturer. Eh, it's a Böker Plus so what was I expecting. The knife required a lot of DIY mods to make it EDC'able.
mzZaDN0h.jpg

The jimping was a bunch of shallow scored lines and virtually non-existent. My finger would constantly slip. So I used a Dremel to cut my own jimping. Not too pretty but it now works.
nJUEw09h.jpg

The weight spec'd out on the internet was all over the place, ranging from 4.25 to 4.5 oz. Actual weight was closer to 5 oz, way too heavy for a folder of this size IMO. I had to skeletonize the liners to bring it down to approx 4 oz.
0ikTZEGh.jpg

The worst offender was the blade when closed. The edge was nearly flush with the handle posing a major safety hazard. I sliced my thumb once already. Will rectify this problem after a few sharpenings.
WXXlEU3h.jpg

Lastly the original clip was flimsy and made the knife awfully high riding. To make things worse it used Euro metric screws spaced weirdly, so an aftermarket clip wasn't available at the time. I had to work with a custom clip maker to fashion this one.
zP75b07h.jpg

After all this, it's now actually quite enjoyable to carry.
I would have abandoned ship long ago. I appreciate your resilience.