EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

SToe4EI.jpg

It's Day 3 of RHK-a-Day Week, not counting the three days starting last weekend when I couldn't put the new Firetac down. ;)

So, for Thick Thursday, it's my 3.5" XM18. This was my first Hinderer and is both a favorite for that and some of its features as well as not-so-much for its blade style. As to the latter, the Spanto is my least favorite of Rick's blade shapes. It's strong and tough for sure, but isn't much of a cutter with its considerable girth and came to me with about a 17 DPS edge. I've re-profiled it to 20 and was careful to carry that right through the Spanto transition all the way to the tip as you can see by the increased width of the secondary bevel there. It'll break down a cardboard box fairly well now, though it wouldn't be the first knife I'd grab for that.

cpfmGui.jpg

Otherwise, there's a lot I like about this one, including the dragon etching on the lockside along with the brass filler tab, lockbar stabilizer, and standoffs.

cGpObnh.jpg

0f8mKw8.jpg

I was inspired by Chazzy P to carry this 0640 that I "inherited" from him. I previously owned a stock version of this knife, but the upgrades that he did have changed this thing from good to great! Thanks again!View attachment 1645918

Its definitely a keeper with all the upgrades! Love mine!

Attachments

• IMG_20200128_134936.jpg
    IMG_20200128_134936.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 8
Lots of love for the hollow grind blade of a Buck110 .
fG8wE1b.jpg
I was looking back through yesterday's posts and seeing yours I thought, hey, I can do that. My wife looked over, liked your 110, and asked if I had one of those. Well, sho 'nuff, on all counts, with slightly different scales as my sandalwood is part of a 10 piece sampler she bought me and my strop is one of the Knives Plus cut-off bonus freebies.

7lMQrCX.jpg

Back