EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Shannon, for my money, your PoBoy Gypsy Jack was the best thing you acquired this year. Congratulations.
Thank you sir, I'd have an exceedingly difficult time selecting among your astounding knives for best acquisition - too many incredible pieces (including that Norseman). Even though I've found some pretty decent folders this year (Custom Gentleman Jim, Ti Praetorian vulcan, Socom Delta and others), my favorite piece is less than a third the cost of most of them:

SqoHRWJ.jpg

Thank you sir, I'd have an exceedingly difficult time selecting among your astounding knives for best acquisition - too many incredible pieces (including that Norseman). Even though I've found some pretty decent folders this year (Custom Gentleman Jim, Ti Praetorian vulcan, Socom Delta and others), my favorite piece is less than a third the cost of most of them:

SqoHRWJ.jpg

The Laconico Keen certainly isn't the most expensive knife that I bought this year, but in the short time that I've had it it's certainly become my favorite.
DSC00163-X2.jpg

cigarrodog- that's one of my favorites. I live everything about this :D

SqoHRWJ.jpg
Thanks to both of you for the nice words. Perhaps the Norsemen is not everyones’ cup of tea, but I love its’ smoothness, and that its’ design is unique. A friend knew how much I wanted one after I had foolishly sold mine. He sold me this one with copper inserts. There are only two ever produced.

How do you like it? This one is HIGH on my want list.

I really like it - more than I thought I would! It is a bigger pocket knife, but still carries well, largely due to the fact that it is fairly light given the size. What I love about it is its balance - I was afraid that the wide and thick blade would make it a hulk of a knife that's hard to handle but that's not the case at all. Everything is well balanced, both weight- and size-wise, the knife just makes sense. And Molletta knows a thing or two about ergos, it fits my hand perfectly in just about any grip, and is a lot of fun to use.

Besides wood, micarta is my favorite handle material, so a big draw for me was the monolithic micarta handle. It is quite a marvelous piece of engineering, and feels very well in hand. And the F&F is perfect - the attention to detail is just amazing. Every little surface on this knife was paid attention to. The overall quality of workmanship is easily on par with some knifes that I have that were twice as expensive. I think at the moment LionSteel are hard to beat in this department.

For me it fills the role of a hard-use folder, i.e. I pocket it on days that I need/ want more than a Grip or 940. With the big slab of Sleipner and the authoritative snap of the lock (plus the redundancy in lock springs) I feel this'll take whatever I'll throw at it. I can't really comment on the Sleipner yet, as it is my first knife in this steel and I'll have to see how I like it over time. So far no patina or rust though...

Overall I can really recommend it for a beefy and well-executed micarta folder - you won't be disappointed! Here's another pic, just because...

tT1A7fy.jpg

Back