EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

I'm sure there are others who want to know more about the solid-looking fixed blade...

Unless you've already posted about it. I read this thread from newest to oldest, so things happen.

Thanks for asking, ST. It's made by one of our makers, Paul / CPE_Knives CPE_Knives . Cocobolo and thick AEB-L stock (1/4"), yet very comfortable to carry:

i-3t6Mmvd-X3.jpg

How do you like the cogent? Its on my short list. Kinda waiting to see if they do a non coated blade.

J6Puf4f.jpg

@The Aflac Duck Do your Marfione customs use a hollow grind? They don't look as thickly ground as my DE ultratech which is the only thing im not a fan of on mine.
I’m not a big Civivi fan but am a big button lock fan. That being said, I love this knife enough that I have the micarta/damascus version on the way as well. My knife was well centered, the action was fine and it was reasonably sharp out of the box. For a bit less than $60 I find it to be a relative bargain.
I agree re. the non-coated blade (surely they’ll release that model) but didn‘t have enough patience to wait!

I finally changed up today and carried my blue Biryukov #10 for Foreign Framelock Flipper Friday, spurred on somewhat by the pants I chose having a pocket sympathetic to its too-short, too-tight sculpted clip which is the one shortfall of this otherwise excellent piece. I had another busy, kinda all over the place sorta day and forgot to snap any fresh pics, so I dug through the files for some I've used here before.

fEyAQVw.jpg

SZDkGWW.jpg

e3izLZr.jpg

Last edited:
Chip, gorgeous knives as always….but man, every time I see that clip or something else you’ve done in that blue/silver engraved weave I just stop dead in my tracks. On the carbon fiber scale it pops something fierce. I love it.
It's definitely a favorite combo of mine too🥰

20211203_181030~2.jpg

Sad to notice
but
some posts are extremely far from original topic

"Which knife or knives are you carrying today?"​

The Pena Apache is proving to be a pretty handy smaller blade.
Ideally I would have liked it to be a top flipper, I've been looking at various Pena models and Reate for a while.
The reverse Tanto profile is what eventually sold me and this is smaller with a less pointed tip than my Kershaw Leek.

EDC  12.3.21.jpg

Pricey, yes. But I enjoy it, with a very solid build quality it's proving to be very useful.

Back