EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

i1gehMP.jpg

Nothing good can come from an electrician at a lumberyard!
Haha. You ain’t lying. Got to learn about this power company’s “power shaving” today. They drop the voltage during peak times to save money. Well when you’ve got 240v motors, a 208 service, and then the utility company drops the voltage to 192, the motors lag, the amps go up, and breakers trip.

Haha. You ain’t lying. Got to learn about this power company’s “power shaving” today. They drop the voltage during peak times to save money. Well when you’ve got 240v motors, a 208 service, and then the utility company drops the voltage to 192, the motors lag, the amps go up, and breakers trip.
Auxiliary transformer?

Went the overbuilt route for a beautiful Wednesday afternoon.

I thought some of you northern folks might get a kick out of this sign at one of our local parks. If you haven’t been to southwest Florida, you might think the sign is a bit of a “novelty”…..but it’s the real deal. Any body of water is apt to have a gator living in it. They’re on the golf courses, I’ve seen them crossing roads in our community and they sometimes even find their way into swimming pools.

My scariest sighting was on the beach. A big-ass gator was swimming parallel to the shore, maybe 20 yards out. Fortunately there weren’t many people in the water, and it’s only focus was on getting back to the inlet. At certain times of year, the alligators living in the brackish backwaters like to head out to the gulf. Apparently the salt water helps them shed their dead skin/scales; so while it’s not commonplace, they are spotted along the beaches on occasion.

Lol, and you thought all ya’ had to worry about in the water we’re the sharks.

AFE3AE11-217A-4261-941E-D190BD42A23C.jpeg48CCAECE-EB31-4415-981E-6B6E97D5499A.jpeg5DEF435F-B40F-4946-B9D2-A40EFFD37FEF.jpeg

Back