EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Here's hoping I win their damn lottery some day. Man, I want one of these!!!!! BEAUTIFUL
I was very fortunate to grab this one when I did. The good news is that the Holts have been putting out a few lottery knives almost every week for a while now, every Monday. I think they sold three this week. Good luck!

Thanks, friend. Yes, it's desert ironwood by one of our resident and most excellent scalesmiths--Keyman. Our acreage is on the other side of the state from you in the Upper Valley, though years ago my family had a camp nearer you in Cambridge.

I wanted holey 710 scales for years and am always more than happy to show this baby off. ;)

RWGAGlR.jpg

KSRylyS.jpg
I know you have some sweet knives but I believe this is my favorite that I've seen you post up I always enjoy seeing it..

Honey Badger and Classic; a great budget combo. I carried the honey badger yesterday too, but it was not very good in khakis; too big. And wound up going the rest of the day it wound up going the rest of the day in my courier bag.

It feels good in a jeans pocket though.

77bba97ee8a5b990dcb9ad732811b62f821b1c16e4a2e0a08eeffa839f48e7b3.jpg

^ I jest.

(but I'd take a Slysz over a Reeve ANY day.)

Haha, to each their own. For me, the Slysz was a little smaller than I wanted it to be for the role I intended to use the knife for and I have since found the blade shape on the Umnumzaan to be a little more practical for my uses as well. Aesthetically, the Zaan is also a little more my speed too.

Don't get me wrong, this isn't to say that the Slysz Bowie was bad; it was the most impeccably built Spyderco I've had to date and one of the best made knives I've had, period. As well, I liked its simple and clean look. It just didn't quite fit the role I'd originally envisioned for it as well as I thought it would.

Back