EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

20190112-130128.jpg

New to me Rogue Bladeworks Bugout rocking a newly polished edge. Lovely little knife.

Why is it an "f-u" clip?

That was a nickname slapped on it years ago by... I think it was Jim Skelton.

The clip, in that state, has a LOT of ramp and a point to it, so it’s physically painful for many people to use. With my particular hand size, and despite my callouses, I’m in that camp. Whether I choked up to the choil, or went back on it, that clip poked into my hand...

...in a hammer grip.

I highlight that part because I use my knives at work, and often use a hammer grip. I had to have my clip modified to make the knife usable.

For people who primarily use a saber grip, it’s likely less of an issue.

just received. was skeptical of the rubberized grip (i’m not a fan of similar f1 grips), but wanted to try one. first impressions are positive. really like the blade shape and size.

benchmade puukko

380CDE0C-871B-4F98-9F4F-DA40C713853D.jpeg

That was a nickname slapped on it years ago by... I think it was Jim Skelton.

The clip, in that state, has a LOT of ramp and a point to it, so it’s physically painful for many people to use. With my particular hand size, and despite my callouses, I’m in that camp. Whether I choked up to the choil, or went back on it, that clip poked into my hand...

...in a hammer grip.

I highlight that part because I use my knives at work, and often use a hammer grip. I had to have my clip modified to make the knife usable.

For people who primarily use a saber grip, it’s likely less of an issue.
Ah yes.. that's what I was I was guessing by looking at it.

Should be much warmer with that grip in snow than exposed steel touching your hand. :thumbsup:
really? like a full tang with scales? i think i’ve heard this before. i mean, maybe you’re right, but i don’t think i ever considered that to be a problem.

you have a hand out of gloves when it’s cold, and your hand’s gona be cold. doesn’t matter if it’s a hidden tang or an 1/8” of exposed tang touching your hand. that’s how i think of it anyways. ymmv.

[edit: i know you’re saying something nice about the knife. i appreciate that. i’m not trying to jump all over you for that. the hidden tang in winter is just not in my “pro” list for this knife. if it’s that cold that you’re worried about that, put gloves on. that’s all i’m saying.]

Last edited:
Back