EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Just arrived fresh out of the mail mans hands :DHinderer Fulltrack sporting Battle Ship grey scales in The House :thumbsup:
R5gQ7jX.jpg

Today's carry carries any awfully long name--Monkey Edge Frag Pattern Three Rivers Manufacturing RJ Martin Machine Flipper. Whew! Quite the mouthful, but, deserving of so much verbiage, this is one helluva knife. TRM produces a lot of the knives for other makers as well as several fine models sold under their own name. This one is not only designed by RJ, he fits the detent ball, fine tunes, and sharpens each one himself. There are two variants of the Machine Flipper, this MEFP version and another with sweeping longitudinal flutes marketed by Arizona Custom Knives [Edit: I got the latter from a video, but now I think it was more generally available.].

tA4f0jc.jpg

oXm68Ev.jpg

The blade is CTS-XHP, dually hollow ground, with a Spanto-style tip and pronounced swedge. The all-Ti handles are contoured at right angles to the long axis of the knife and the knife just melts into my hand. Despite its apparent tactical appearance and nature, this is one great cutter and EDC carry.

Or0QjHI.jpg

Last edited:
As I put my keychain with a SAK minichamp in my pocket when I went to work yesterday, I thought about how many blades I was actually carrying. Today I emptied my belt and work pants pockets, and started counting. Including scissors and saw it’s 15 blades:eek:. 3 scissors, small, medium and large. 9 plain edged knife-blades in different sizes and shapes, 2 serrated blades and 1 saw.
0z81BIC.jpg

I will downsize today. This is overkill.:oops:

Back