EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Cool. I've been running a 2002 Mack RD Roll-Off for the last 14 years for a small private company. Its good to see other guys in the "Sanitation" business on here. :thumbsup:

Roll off is the one thing I haven’t done. We don’t have any of those. Started on rear load trash and brush pickup with a knuckle boom for a year. Did sidearm for a couple years and front end for 3 years now.

I drive around and vape, sip on energy drinks and listen to sports talk radio and they pay me for it. And I get to watch the sun come up every morning. But yeah, I’m a garbage man and I like it far better than I ever thought I would. Supposed to be getting a brand new Peterbilt with New Way bed on it towards the end of the year. I won’t miss this old Mack when it’s gone.

Roll off is the one thing I haven’t done. We don’t have any of those. Started on rear load trash and brush pickup with a knuckle boom for a year. Did sidearm for a couple years and front end for 3 years now.

I drive around and vape, sip on energy drinks and listen to sports talk radio and they pay me for it. And I get to watch the sun come up every morning. But yeah, I’m a garbage man and I like it far better than I ever thought I would. Supposed to be getting a brand new Peterbilt with New Way bed on it towards the end of the year. I won’t miss this old Mack when it’s gone.

Sounds like you got a good gig. Keep on trucking brother. :thumbsup:

I meant to post before: Tomorrow is Opening Day. Don't forget to wear your cap!

full

This is "Odinets-3" "Morzecode". Odinets-2 on the right. There are three of them done. But the third is not quite completed yet. I apologize for my English
Dibs on #4! Your English-language skills seem quite good. No need to apologize.

These knives look sweet and always catch my attention when I see them. Keep up the good work!

Try reassembling the knife without those thin support washers the bearings roll on. They run fine without the paper thin support washers in there.

Just tighten the pivot only enough that there is no blade play (don’t over tighten) and use some blue or preferably purple loctite in the pivot and let it sit for 24 hours to cure. Put just a tiny ammount of loctite like the ammount.

After trying a few things I ended up very lightly sanding the edges of the polymer bearing cages until i could rotate them freely in the scale pockets with my finger and now she is flippin wonderful! I appreciate everyone who offered suggestions to help me figure out a quick easy solution bc i was about ready to trade off the knife! Its a great blade!

After trying a few things I ended up very lightly sanding the edges of the polymer bearing cages until i could rotate them freely in the scale pockets with my finger and now she is flippin wonderful! I appreciate everyone who offered suggestions to help me figure out a quick easy solution bc i was about ready to trade off the knife! Its a great blade!

Glad you got her rollin’ right.

————————————-

Today I carried the Shamwari. I love this knife.

imh8R99.jpg

Back