EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Must be Friday:)
Almost sold my beloved 24 in pinch and I’m so glad I didn’t .
I love this knife !
ECaYPlJ.jpg
Glad to see you hung on to it. That 24 is a beauty AND a beast!

Columbia River Knife & Tool/Greg Lightfoot M1. A high-water mark for CRKT, and a throwback carry, for me. This one is semi-retired, but I still carry it once in a while.

lp3Wpc4.jpg
That knife brings back memories.
Here’s mine, still have it.
I rescaled this one years ago with a material of the time called textalite. The material was yellow, not the color I wanted at the time. So, I stained the scales. After seeing it next to my Hinderer Skinny today, I see my tastes have not really changed all that much. Great knife for the money, for sure.

0f08da7e2f2278c1f55016f504b71a7a.jpg

e193de448f95a9015dce6216d3cc1ca2.jpg
9f2f458fd83437daf28a171d5a98751a.jpg

Last edited:
Earlier in the week I liked and replied to @Pharmagator 's post picturing his sweet blue-ano'd fluted Ti Millie. I commented that the milling on the older models seemed superior to the newer ones like mine that showed longitudinal mill marks in the un- and thinly-fluted sections along with faceting in the swell below the pivot. We started PMing and he allowed how his older knife was milled identically, so I'm likely wrong about the milling on different vintages.

I'd always kept my knife pristine as I'd thought about selling it if I found one I liked better. On the other hand, I've thought the milling on this otherwise fantastic knife wouldn't bother me much if it was a user, so after our messaging I stuck it in my pocket yesterday and have carried it since, putting it to use on a job yesterday, out and about, and around here as well. This is one of 4 Military's I own and 6 between my son and myself. Great knives and I'm glad to stop the silliness and get to use and enjoy this sweet one too. It's wicked smooth and great in hand. :D

JYoKVsh.jpg

Back