EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

I wanted to explain your words. So i wrote what it is like, mirror basically.

I see. Yes mirror like indeed.

Another matched set below... closer to your color preference.

ofG9zZS.jpg

GiantMouse ACE Biblio for micarta Monday

I've been looking at and admiring your ACE Biblio pics week after week, Frank, and thinking about how many features it has that I find appealing--canvas Micarta, wire clip, M390 in thin stock with a wicked high flat grind, ball-bearing flipper opening--despite it being way smaller than my usual sweet-spot for work and EDC. On the other hand, I do keep an eye out for more discreet-carry knives that'll afford my beat-up old carpenter's mitts a decent grip while failing to strike terror in the general populace when thwacking out something like my Shiro 111 pocket sword. :eek:

I worked out a deal on an AB Micarta off the Exchange this morning and now eagerly await its possible arrival Wednesday. :)

May The Fourth Be With you All!

CHuePH4.jpg

XkE4Maf.jpg
Is paper?
I see. Yes mirror like indeed.

Another matched set below... closer to your color preference.

ofG9zZS.jpg
Oh great!
I really like how the Blue TI piviot screw came out with giving it a brushed satin finish just on the top :thumbsup:
Hard to see in the pic but the edges are still blue and bottom of the slot .
sruER1N.jpg

uGsrJ41.jpg
I really didnt like my blue ti pivot finish, lathe traces too rough, now i know what i should do! Thanks!
What is it? Such a finish
Having a lazy day around the house, so it's the Socom Elite for me today.

DaBheir.jpg
Cool board. And all those G meetings buttons

I've been looking at and admiring your ACE Biblio pics week after week, Frank, and thinking about how many features it has that I find appealing--canvas Micarta, wire clip, M390 in thin stock with a wicked high flat grind, ball-bearing flipper opening--despite it being way smaller than my usual sweet-spot for work and EDC. On the other hand, I do keep an eye out for more discreet-carry knives that'll afford my beat-up old carpenter's mitts a decent grip while failing to strike terror in the general populace when thwacking out something like my Shiro 111 pocket sword. :eek:

I worked out a deal on an AB Micarta off the Exchange this morning and now eagerly await its possible arrival Wednesday. :)

It's a great knife, but be warned that the choil is not intended for beat up old carpenter mitts. It's too small for my slightly abused young carpenter hands.

It's a great knife, but be warned that the choil is not intended for beat up old carpenter mitts. It's too small for my slightly abused young carpenter hands.
Thanks for the heads up. I'll just have to try it out and see if it fits any use or need. I don't anticipate it being a work user, just more of a general use/out in public EDC, so maybe use of the choil for a choked-up hard- or fine-cutting grip won't be required. I also have a sense that my wife would like it. She's got several good knives in various sizes--rotating mostly through her 550-1, Delica, and Axis Strykers--but no flippers.

This is one of my favorites, Rexford/ZT 0808. A gift from a friend here it holds a lot of sentimental value to me. As you can tell by the amount of wear on it I use it constantly.

Thanks A, one of my favorites for sure. :)

Mw1UJYSh.jpg

DygvEish.jpg

M4QgW1Lh.jpg

As you can see from all the scuffs and scratches on the Ti scales it sees a lot of pocket time.

Definitely an underrated knife. Not a slicer but a nice compromise between a tank and a slice and dice knife. Not great in the kitchen but it’ll do. Where it really excels is as an EDC, it’s a great work/utility blade up to any of the chores a utility knife is expected to fulfill.

I mentioned earlier today that I bought a Giant Mouse ACE Biblio here this morning. That led me to get out my GM3 to handle and then stick in my pocket for the day. It being another drab, rainy Cape Cod Spring day, there's poor light for fresh snaps so I dug out the pics below featuring three knives from my Imgur files. These are my three smaller, long pointy knives of the same ilk, if that makes any sense. I do like the GM3 and 0450 quite a bit, though they don't afford these old hands a great grip. The NeOn with its palm swell nestles in nicely and gets more carry than the other two put together.

mudB37P.jpg

HsmnMGw.jpg

Back