EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Another great ride today perfect temp low 70’s :thumbsup: and beautiful views .Time for a cold beverage and maybe a beer nap on this gorgeous Sunday afternoon:D
This CRKT Pilar is the perfect bike companion.
4LX4hvz.jpg

fJDlvqR.jpg

xm6hGwe.jpg

YM1XHoh.jpg

AB5rYin.jpg
really like the matte finish on those bodyworks and noticed the rubber buildup on the outer edge of the frnt tire--somebodys been hitting some corners hard.lol

really like the matte finish on those bodyworks and noticed the rubber buildup on the outer edge of the frnt tire--somebodys been hitting some corners hard.lol
Thanks Its my first bike out of many with the Matt black paint and I really like it . I have to admit most of that rubber build up is a track day from last year . But on the street twistes I’ll pick a few turns we’re I feel comfortable and go a little hot going in and out :D

Thanks Its my first bike out of many with the Matt black paint and I really like it . I have to admit most of that rubber build up is a track day from last year . But on the street twistes I’ll pick a few turns we’re I feel comfortable and go a little hot going in and out :D
I am not much of a twisty road guy-I use to race a car tired top gas bike in Prostar back years ago--the bike on all motor would run 7.90 flat out in the 1/4 but I pulled timing out of it to slow it down to run the 8.20 index of top gas.It would consistly 60ft 1.12 to 1.18 every pass.Was fun till the wife told me she was getting too stressed about worrying about me ever crashing so I quit racing.

I am not much of a twisty road guy-I use to race a car tired top gas bike in Prostar back years ago--the bike on all motor would run 7.90 flat out in the 1/4 but I pulled timing out of it to slow it down to run the 8.20 index of top gas.It would consistly 60ft 1.12 to 1.18 every pass.Was fun till the wife told me she was getting too stressed about worrying about me ever crashing so I quit racing.
Oh man that’s flying !
Haven’t done the 1/4 mile in many years and doing mostly road course now .
But the last time I ran a 2006 cbr 1000rr
With just One down in the front and 2 teeth up in the back sprocket kit and a power commander /dyno tune and ran a 10.2 @ 145ish .
Couldn’t hold the front end down but it was fun :)

I've been looking at and admiring your ACE Biblio pics week after week, Frank, and thinking about how many features it has that I find appealing--canvas Micarta, wire clip, M390 in thin stock with a wicked high flat grind, ball-bearing flipper opening--despite it being way smaller than my usual sweet-spot for work and EDC. On the other hand, I do keep an eye out for more discreet-carry knives that'll afford my beat-up old carpenter's mitts a decent grip while failing to strike terror in the general populace when thwacking out something like my Shiro 111 pocket sword. :eek:

I worked out a deal on an AB Micarta off the Exchange this morning and now eagerly await its possible arrival Wednesday. :)

It's a great knife! I'm sure you won't regret it. Most of my EDCs are smaller knives. I think the size is just perfect for me but sure, it always depends on the size of your hands and what you need it for. If the handle does feel a bit too short you can always try and add a mini lanyard. That can often add just enough to give you that comfortable full 4 finger grip!

Oh man that’s flying !
Haven’t done the 1/4 mile in many years and doing mostly road course now .
But the last time I ran a 2006 cbr 1000rr
With just One down in the front and 2 teeth up in the back sprocket kit and a power commander /dyno tune and ran a 10.2 @ 145ish .
Couldn’t hold the front end down but it was fun :)
I didnt have to worry about that with the long set of wheelie bars on it --it would plant the bars and carry the front tire a couple inches off the pavement to the 330 mark.On a small shot of nitrous I went 7.70 at 172 at National Trail raceway here in ohio and it was a cakewalk of a pass,didnt even think I went that fast it was so smooth.I commend you for your bravery to ride on the street now with all the idiots around you.Be safe sorry to go off topic

Love burning fuel & putting power to pavement! ..and you were hauling ass for real brother! I used to ride an ‘06 ‘busa, and miss it almost every day. Now all my go fast time is on 4 wheels or on the water.
ETA: a pic of the CPK FK2 I carried today
View attachment 1123523
View attachment 1123529
Thats funny I went 4 wheels too-I have an 04 wrxsti w/80 lb a minute turbo fully built motor (by me and tuned by me) that makes 740 at all 4 wheels and runs high nines at high 140's on drag radials.

I didnt have to worry about that with the long set of wheelie bars on it --it would plant the bars and carry the front tire a couple inches off the pavement to the 330 mark.On a small shot of nitrous I went 7.70 at 172 at National Trail raceway here in ohio and it was a cakewalk of a pass,didnt even think I went that fast it was so smooth.I commend you for your bravery to ride on the street now with all the idiots around you.Be safe sorry to go off topic
Thank you Sir And I prefer the track vs street but at 200 dollars minimum each track day I find myself more on the street . Much respect back at ya for that 7.70@172 1/4 mile .
Fastest I’ve ever been on my bike was at Portland international Raceway down the straight before turn one I hit 165 . Only once since turn one came up fast at that speed and those hay bails looked like they had my name on them and almost did lol .

I hear that--the increase of cars on the road and you have to admit that the power on these new street bikes is insane for a stock off the showroom bike.Still wanna know more about that blown motor though.

hey speaking of your Busa---do you remember the name Schroeck(john Schroeck from MSP racing out of ohio)? pronounced like the movie shrek

looks like a nice setup for sure--Depending on the blower I am guessing between 800 to 1000 at the wheels depending on boost level and fuel system.

Back