EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

20190227-113138.jpg

Threw the Ti scale back on for a change of pace.

How do you like the Spydiechef and the lc200n steel? Ive been eyeing this unique looking blade and been thinking of grabbing one.

It's my favorite knife. You make some concessions in edge holding the the lc200n of course, but it's an enormous improvement over h1 in a plain edge. Comparable, anecdotally, to 154cm which is good enough.

The size, ergonomics and blade geometry are perfect. I'm also more into a hydraulic, Sebenza-esque action than the guillotine style, thumb ruining bearing action that's so sought after these days.

It's my favorite knife. You make some concessions in edge holding the the lc200n of course, but it's an enormous improvement over h1 in a plain edge. Comparable, anecdotally, to 154cm which is good enough.

The size, ergonomics and blade geometry are perfect. I'm also more into a hydraulic, Sebenza-esque action than the guillotine style, thumb ruining bearing action that's so sought after these days.

Wow your favorite knife says alot! definitely adding to my list and thanks for the helpful evaluation.

I like the looks of that sage 5. Gonna be my next purchase after the custom knife arrives here shortly

Thanks. The sage one is very similar and looks a little nicer cf imo but it's a liner lock where the sage five is a compression lock. The CF is pretty grippy and textured on both which is nice compared to most CFs that are smooth and slick. the nice thing about the sage series, 5 different knives with the same blade , five different locks and handle looks and you can get a full four finger grip on it. They are my favorite small Spyderco after trying out some including the native 5, para 3, delica, and I'm sure some others ive forgotten. It's a great little knife and is pretty thin behind the edge at only .010.

Can't wait to see some pictures of that custom you got coming!

Last edited:
Back