EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

WsexjSq.jpg
Firetac lookin killer!

I've been carrying my ZT 0462TAN all day, but this little guy just arrived so now I'm carrying him.

Somehow in my travels as a knife nut I've never owned a Rat before. The Rat II D2 hype is real. I'm delighted by this tiny budget slicer.

Next-day edit: LOL no. Lockup started at 60%, which seemed fine; I've read that Rats often have late lockup. But after a few flicks open it was at 90%. Returned, took a deep breath . . . and bought the Benchmade Bugout I should have bought in the first place.

rMqQhc6h.jpg

My AUS 8 Rat 2 is at 90% lockup and has been so since March 2017. I figure it was cheap so I just left it as is and it hasn't changed at all since then. Of course, I don't really use it much, it's my computer desk knife.

One of these days, I'm going to try my luck at peening the lock bar and get it to an early lockup. Nah..too much trouble...

My AUS 8 Rat 2 is at 90% lockup and has been so since March 2017. I figure it was cheap so I just left it as is and it hasn't changed at all since then. Of course, I don't really use it much, it's my computer desk knife.

One of these days, I'm going to try my luck at peening the lock bar and get it to an early lockup. Nah..too much trouble...

Have you tried playing with the pivot screw? When i took my rat 1 down to change out the scales it was locking up real late afterwards like that 90%. I adjusted the pivot and finally got it back where it was before at maybe 50% or so. Had me freaked out a little bc it was a brand new knife replacing my old rat i gave to my father in law. Lets be honest the rats arent exactly made with precision tolerances but that fixed it. Might be worth a try.

Back