EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

IMG-20190526-151740-646.jpg

Mid day switch to the ZDP Delica. The Serge Bean is a great little knife, but does have its limitations.

Those are Keyman Customs.
That’s contoured black paper micarta scales with a diamond eye’s texturing and a GITD back spacer.
These textured surface sets of scales are much more difficult to make. Normally the scale material comes in perfectly flat slabs, easy. That’s not the case here, one side of each slab is not only textured, but also contoured to the edges (with either a 1/8 or 1/16 drop).
These differences require different procedures in order to create the precise holes and counter bores
that are required for a working set of scales.
Love those scales....there’s nothing grippier.

Thank you for the info. They are outstanding. I wondered if they were yours. I've really enjoyed seeing your work throughout the site.

After PMing with Dadpool Dadpool about him waking up the BF Big Folder Thread, I posted a few older pics of my Crooked River and decided to pocket that one today. I'm putting in just a couple hours today between the wood and sheetmetal shops prepping for a rather complicated LCC pan/apron to re-measure and fabricate this week. Pretty much just sharpening my pencil with the big boy so far. :rolleyes:

9XUmsYO.jpg

uIsU0gT.jpg

Back