EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

The knives are fuse cutters today. Someone hold my beer....

ykaOE7e.jpg

Wishing everybody a Happy 4th of July. Here, we traditionally BBQ. I’ve been the official family bbqer since my uncle died in the 90’s and I inherited the position. I estimate over 250 family bbq’s and always with this knife

Sweet piece. I carry a Benchmade and a 42. Lightened trigger and machined for red dot

I don't ever do these EDC type of IG posts but hey, Happy Birthday America! Broke out the red, white and blue today. I'm so grateful to live and raise my kids in this great country, land of the free and home of the brave!

Untitled by Caleb Bender, on Flickr

As I posted my intention earlier, I spent a good bit of this 4th of July in the sheetmetal shop making raised-seam panels for a small pent roof out of American produced 16 oz Revere lead-coated copper. Here's a stack of panels and the starter and termination pieces waiting to go over to the wood-shop where l keep my box-and-pan brake (due to lack of space in my basement) to bend up the wall flanges.

Fye8Rz3.jpg

I also promised to grab some appropriately colored American-made knives for an Independence Day themed pic. I was surprised to find not much blue (3 blue Spydies are made in China, Taichung, and Seki City) and little red (just a BM Proper besides what's shown below). Here's my blue-ano'd ZT 801 with the sanded Ti for white stripes, my red Micarta MP-1, and the scrap from today's work for silver stars.

akIXByp.jpg

I know--pretty lame--but I hope y'all are having a great 4th of July!

Back