EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Code:
https://imgur.com/a/sVCbxoQ
sVCbxoQ

Fullflat, I'm very impressed, and really liking it so far. The fit and finish is amazing. The detail work is so precise, for example on the backspacer, jimping, and internal milling. I love the size and weight of the knife and it will get a lot of use. The blade truly blew me away when I saw it in person, both the finish and the shape, and it is definitely the sharpest knife out of the box I have owned. Seriously, you have to be careful not to graze it as it is scalpel sharp. At first, I found the detent overly strong which resulted in a strong flip, but had a few misfires and finger indentations at the outset. You have to be careful not to put any pressure on the lock bar (I was!) but it was pretty tight in my opinion. Put a dab of grease on the detent ball and, with a little bit of use, it now seems dialed in and the deployment is great. Very happy with how it fires and the combination of engineering and functionality embodied in the Neon Zero. This is my first Shirogorov, and when I bought it a part of me wondered if it was worth the hype. In hindsight, I am convinced that it is--incredibly quality throughout that retained a lot of features from the custom version on a production knife. Hope this helps if you are considering it.
Thanks so much for the very helpful insight, and congrats on your first Shiro! Hope it serves you well. Your impressions are much appreciated, and inspiring, believe it or not, as I just received my Zero, but haven’t even taken time to open the box yet, being happy with my current rotation. Now though, hearing what you have to say, I’m super hyped to get home & bust that box open! Thanks again, and use it in good health :)

Thanks so much for the very helpful insight, and congrats on your first Shiro! Hope it serves you well. Your impressions are much appreciated, and inspiring, believe it or not, as I just received my Zero, but haven’t even taken time to open the box yet, being happy with my current rotation. Now though, hearing what you have to say, I’m super hyped to get home & bust that box open! Thanks again, and use it in good health :)
Will do and you do the same! I think you’re going to really enjoy it!

Thanks again DCFree DCFree you we’re absolutely right. It’s awesome! You were also correct that these seem to be a little more sensitive to pressure on the lock bar than the neon UL or 95 I have. Also, you were right about how nicely ground & tbe the blade is. Best action of my 3 for sure, and feels ridiculously good in hand. The detent on mine was perfect, so maybe flip yours for awhile and see if it gets better. Some micro inclusions may have been left in the detent track (race). The only criticism I can offer on mine is the pocket clip. This is the first shiro I’ve had that didn’t have a well dialed in pocket clip. It was tight getting in position, and started a small shred in my pants pocket on the first draw. Is yours super tight also? Sadly, that might be a dealbreaker for me. Either way, an extremely well thought out & executed knife
DBD42901-3499-470B-A285-70AEA663358C.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks again DCFree DCFree you we’re absolutely right. It’s awesome! You were also correct that these seem to be a little more sensitive to pressure on the lock bar than the neon UL or 95 I have. Also, you were right about how nicely ground & tbe the blade is. Best action of my 3 for sure, and feels ridiculously good in hand. The detent on mine was perfect, so maybe flip yours for awhile and see if it gets better. Some micro inclusions may have been left in the detent track (race). The only criticism I can offer on mine is the pocket clip. This is the first shiro I’ve had that didn’t have a well dialed in pocket clip. It was tight getting in position, and started a small shred in my pants pocket on the first draw. Is yours super tight also? Sadly, that might be a dealbreaker for me. Either way, an extremely well thought out & executed knife
View attachment 1159420
So glad Fullflat Fullflat that you (mostly) liked the knife! And thanks for your observations about it as I only have a universe of one for comparison. Mine had fully broken in by afternoon and is fantastic, and my user error tendency to occasionally exert pressure on the lock bar naturally went away with some use. Something occurred to me last night about the knife that may sound odd but will pass it on. I think I sometimes get lost focusing on certain components of a knife-the action, the materials, the blade steel or whatever is the signature of the maker. With the Neon Zero, it struck me just how good it was “all in” as a....knife. Everything works in harmony and it’s minimalistic. There’s everything you need and nothing you don’t. If an alien landed and said “what is a knife?” this is the one I would show them! On the clip, I usually don’t use a clip and haven’t used this one. I usually repurpose a CRK pouch as I just find it works better for me as many clips I have seem to cause similar issues. Maybe this is wrong, but on a few knives that have tight clips or poor ramping where I use the clip, I just gently pull on them repeatedly until they loosen up. I will try the one on my Neon Zero tonight and let you know what I find.

Back