EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

I’ll probably be exiled for admitting this, but I don’t own any SAKs. :confused: I want one, but not sure which one to get :eek: Something easy to carry without too many tools. Any suggestions?

EDIT: I used to own a SAK when I was like 8 years old, no longer have it though

There are a ton of models to choose from but for slim and minimal tools i carry a cadet alox as a secondary to a modern folder. 1.6 oz with the large blade, bottle opener, can opener and a nail cleaner. The pioneer is a little larger and a good choice also. Most of the alox series with the thinner profile and aluminum scales will be minimalist, thin, fairly lightweight, and pretty affordable. Just pick the model with the tools you like. Im probably gonna pick up a pioneer alox also.

gWPuLun.jpg

Benchmade Proper and Spydernox Rambler, ALL DAY. EVERYDAY.

Pardon my shoddy photography.

Last edited:
I have several, used to be all I would carry. My favorite is the hiker, plenty of tools 2nd is the electrician.

I like the pioneer it carries slim without too many tools.
View attachment 1161699

View attachment 1161714
My Cadet alox next to Boker exskelibur 1 decade for size comparison. The cadet fits perfect in the 5th pocket or throw a lanyard on the ring. Its less than 3/8" thick and has 2 layers.

Thanks for sharing fellas, I’ll definitely keep those suggestions in mind!

I’ve had both these guys for around 20 years or so :eek: just pulled them out of my safe.
The little guy I got with Marlboro bucks when I use to smoke lol.
FiqJnBp.jpg

Looks great for 20 years in the safe!

View attachment 1161541

So far its been slim pickings here bit i did score a SAK recruit at a hardware store. Would have preferred something a little more heavy duty but it will work for the short time im here!
If you go 20 minutes east, you will hit Carson City (I live in Reno). They have a Sportsman’s Warehouse that sells BM, Spyderco, Case, CRKT, etc.

I’ll probably be exiled for admitting this, but I don’t own any SAKs. :confused: I want one, but not sure which one to get :eek: Something easy to carry without too many tools. Any suggestions?

The Electrician is my favorite. Not too many tools but they're perfect for my needs, Alox so it's slim, but long so you can get a good grip on it -- and no keychain nubbin poking into your palm.

IMG_5062.JPG IMG_5072.JPG IMG_5084.JPG
If you go 20 minutes east, you will hit Carson City (I live in Reno). They have a Sportsman’s Warehouse that sells BM, Spyderco, Case, CRKT, etc.

Thanks for the tip. I actually have been to Carson City our last trip a couple years ago so im somewhat familiar with the area but wasn't aware of Sportman Warehouse. We are sharing a car between 6 adults this trip (expensive lodging) but if i can get out that way i will definitely check them out!

Back