EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

The David Boye folders are a knife I have been pining over for years. How are they as folders? Is the quality good? I really want a plain edge spear point with a marlin spike and thumb hole.

Does yours feature the dendritic cobalt blade? I know Boye often touts its easy sharpenability plus its ability to cut and cut. I was wondering how the material does in terms of toughness? Not that I pry with my knives but I like to know if I am dealing with a very brittle material so I can treat it as such.

I’ve had a lot of these but never tried to do any lateral pressure so I can’t speak to how much it can take but it does cut very good
G2

How is the Loro? It’s design simplicity has certainly caught my eye compared with some of the other stuff coming out of CKF. Can I get a blade length?

I'm a big fan of the Loro and, while I liked it out of the box, I appreciate all the details and like it even more as I use it. It's got a pretty minimalistic design which I like and I like the intentionally "worn" appearance of the Ti frame. M390 blade is fantastic and I really like the shape. It open with authority and hydraulically shuts like a champ. This is not a small knife, but it's not overwhelming or anything. Don't have the specs handy, but my guess is the blade is around 3.7 or 3.8 inches and it probably weighs about 5 ounces. Reminds me a bit of the size etc of my Umnumzaan and I use it for similar purposes. I think CKF was trying to push its same level of quality down to a lower price point and, in my opinion, they did a really nice job of it with this entry. Hope that helps.

The David Boye folders are a knife I have been pining over for years. How are they as folders? Is the quality good? I really want a plain edge spear point with a marlin spike and thumb hole.

Does yours feature the dendritic cobalt blade? I know Boye often touts its easy sharpenability plus its ability to cut and cut. I was wondering how the material does in terms of toughness? Not that I pry with my knives but I like to know if I am dealing with a very brittle material so I can treat it as such.

Here’s my knife pic tax so I’m not just asking questions without contributing.

Everything I need for the day. A true pocket dump.
FmQfcpG.jpg

Back