EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

I think Jason Clark is doing some fantastic work, as in this frame lock flipper with Damasteel, IKBS bearings, forged superconductor bolsters, and micarta scales made from shredded dollar bills.
Vrjyim2.jpg
nfMuv0b.jpg
lbc1XGW.jpg
That's pretty awesome, I've never seen anything like that before (the money micarta anyways). :)

That's pretty awesome, I've never seen anything like that before (the money micarta anyways). :)
Thanks Workingsloth777 Workingsloth777 ! Here's the backstory on the money micarta and the bolsters, in case you're interested, which I thought were pretty innovative and drew me to the knife in the first place. Jason uses the same technique used to make rag micarta scales, but uses shredded dollar bills instead. Then, the money micarta scales are dovetailed to the bolsters which are made of a cross-sectioned wafer from a superconductor cable. The superconductor cable is made up of many highly conductive titanium-niobium alloy rods. Jason apparently cuts the bolsters out as a whole piece by taking the cross-sectioned wafer cut at an angle. I think he pulled it off well.

Thanks Workingsloth777 Workingsloth777 ! Here's the backstory on the money micarta and the bolsters, in case you're interested, which I thought were pretty innovative and drew me to the knife in the first place. Jason uses the same technique used to make rag micarta scales, but uses shredded dollar bills instead. Then, the money micarta scales are dovetailed to the bolsters which are made of a cross-sectioned wafer from a superconductor cable. The superconductor cable is made up of many highly conductive titanium-niobium alloy rods. Jason apparently cuts the bolsters out as a whole piece by taking the cross-sectioned wafer cut at an angle. I think he pulled it off well.
I'd say he did, really nice piece there. I love it when I see knives that would make a good conversation starter with a knife person or a non-knife person and this looks like one of those.

The stuff I was carrying today (now in swim trunks), plus today's medication. (I have an intolerance to heat - it's 96 degrees - and I self medicate)
KvoDCCB.jpg

Bark River Fox River LT, GEC Viper, lip balm in copper, Andar Scout - cork, Benchmade Anthem, retro 51 copper pen, Grand Mayan "ultra aged" tequila

**Truth be told, I'm far more tolerant of heat than I am of cold...it's just that, when I sweat, I itch; and hot weather gives me an excuse to drink tequila by the pool (as if an excuse is needed for such things)

Last edited:
Back