EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

IMG-20190725-100915-841.jpg
Nice edge ! How was it sharpening Maxamet was it as hard to sharpen as they say and if I may ask what angle 30ish conclusive and what stones did you use ?
I’ve hadn’t needed to sharpen mine yet on the Edge-Pro but it’s only been used lightly cutting some rope periodically and some envelopes lol .
Still cuts like a razor and hair popping sharp. I just periodically hit it with my leather strop block with some green compound and probably doesn’t even need it.
No need for the edge pro yet but figured I’d ask for a future reference.

Last edited:
Nice edge ! How was it sharpening Maxamet was it as hard to sharpen as they say and if I may ask what angle 30ish conclusive and what stones did you use ?
I’ve hadn’t needed to sharpen mine yet on the Edge-Pro but it’s only been used lightly cutting some rope periodically and some envelopes lol .
Still cuts like a razor and hair popping sharp. I just periodically hit it with my leather strop block with some green compound and probably doesn’t even need it.
No need for the edge pro yet but figured I’d ask for a future reference.

Mine actually arrived rather dull. Worst edge I've ever received from Spyderco. I didn't find it all that hard to sharpen though. It just takes longer.

I used CKTG diamond plates, Edge Pro diamond matrix stones and diamond lapping paste on balsa strops down to .25 micron.

Mine actually arrived rather dull. Worst edge I've ever received from Spyderco. I didn't find it all that hard to sharpen though. It just takes longer.

I used CKTG diamond plates, Edge Pro diamond matrix stones and diamond lapping paste on balsa strops down to .25 micron.
Perfect and thanks for the run down !!
I’ll be ready when and if it ever needs it.
I was rather lucky then because my Para 3 and para 2 Maxamet both were scary sharp out of the box :thumbsup:

I finally replaced my old, messed up MacBook when seven of the home row keys quit working despite my best efforts after popping off the key caps to clean out the sand and cat hair beneath. Lots of software issues with it too. Anyway, we drove to Hyannis to drop off the old and new machines for data transfer, ran some errands, and I set about doing paperwork and paying bills after lunch. The gorgeous weather and outdoors beckoned after a while, though, and J and I sat out back soaking it in.

I had my all-Wilkins Grip with me today and got a pic at the table and a couple over at the woodpile. Not much of the original knife left--liners, AXIS lock, pivot, and a couple screws. I've never been much of a fan of aluminum handles, but I really like the thick hard coat slabs on this Wilktilian. It's good in hand despite just a bit of a hotspot at the arc of the clip and the great looking S30V blade took a wicked sharp polished edge.

KMtUhN9.jpg

elCYyss.jpg

sK56wnZ.jpg

Just can't keep this gem of an office EDC out of the pocket. It got to cut open up some boxes today, get some adhesive on the blade and then went for a late afternoon stroll outside in the lumber yard. Out of all the other great knives I own from both Benchmade and Spyderco the two most carried this summer in jeans, khakis, khaki shorts, or mesh shorts are the Bugout and Para 3 LW. They both are just truly amazing for a lightweight, capable, awesome action, and good looking knife that can both be had for cheap. It's such a tough call on which is my favorite, and it's like picking a favorite of my kids, which I couldn't do, haha. I've had the Bugout since it was released so it's been carried much longer than the Para 3 LW but that sweet wire clip is slowly pushing the Bugout from the pocket. Time will tell I suppose, right now I'm just enjoying both immensely. Have a Grate and safe weekend folks!

Untitled by Caleb Bender, on Flickr

Last edited:
Back