EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

uL2siv9.jpg

View attachment 1174192 View attachment 1174193 I knew I was going to get one of these sooner or later so I decided on sooner. :)

Nice! Is that the ebony wood durus? Love Civivis!

ChazzyP and I were talking about that actually but I was hesitant to cite a non-supporting vendor. I have a number of sets from them on the way, they have a $20 minimum order, so I don't mind helping out if someone just wants a set.

Are these the standoffs ChazzyP ChazzyP used on his crooked river to replace the hideous orange backspacer? If so id love to pick up a set for my CR. I thought about dying mine but standoffs would be much nicer. Is there anything else needed parts wise for the conversion? it turned out great!

Are these the standoffs ChazzyP ChazzyP used on his crooked river to replace the hideous orange backspacer? If so id love to pick up a set for my CR. I thought about dying mine but standoffs would be much nicer. Is there anything else needed parts wise for the conversion? it turned out great!

Those are actually closer to the true size needed, just .005" too long. Mine are .015" too long and they're fine so the ones @Rose and Thistle Custom mentions are even better. You need two more body screws as the backspacer has through-holes and female receivers for the screws. I used a couple spare black roundhead 2-56 BM clip screws to thread into the opposite side of the standoffs and they were just right. BMK would probably send you a couple if you don't have any--just tell them you need two more body screws for your CR.

Last edited:

Here's a picture of a CR with the ticonnector standoffs next to a CR with a backspacer. You want to order the 3/16" titanium standoff .180 x 2-56. I ordered the threaded one but you need to use different screws to fit the standoffs. Basically shorter screws on both sides of the knife for each standoff.

2019-08-07_02-41-50.jpg

Last edited:
I took my KW S90V Millie to work today. It was cooler, but wicked muggy today and I took my lunch in the shade on the clients' lawn overlooking the Town Cove. There was a nice breeze on that side of the house to enjoy my modest ham on rye and a couple bottles of water.

oADh9tU.jpg

mTJCAIk.jpg

mNqn5O1.jpg

IMG_6300.jpg IMG_6301.jpg
Those are actually closer to the true size needed, just .05" too long. Mine are .15" too long and they're fine so the ones @Rose and Thistle Custom mentions are even better. You need two more body screws as the backspacer has through-holes and female receivers for the screws. I used a couple spare black roundhead 2-56 BM clip screws to thread into the opposite side of the standoffs and they were just right. BMK would probably send you a couple if you don't have any--just tell them you need two more body screws for your CR.

Here's a picture of a CR with the ticonnector standoffs next to a CR with a backspacer. You want to order the 3/16" titanium standoff .180 x 2-56. I ordered the threaded one but you need to use different screws to fit the standoffs. Basically shorter screws on both sides of the knife for each standoff.

View attachment 1175202

Thats the look im after. Thanks for the tips guys. I have plenty of extra BM screws laying around and have a lead on some Ti spacers hopefully now. Its a nice looking improvement.

Mail call just showed up with one im been wanting for some time now. Knife Center exclusive endura in HAP40 and pakkawood scales :D . This example has beautifully matched wood on both sides, hand picked by KC for the original owner, and already has had the clip swapped out for a black version. Love it!

Nice! Is that the ebony wood durus? Love Civivis!

Yes, it is ebony wood but that's probably my only complaint about the knife. It just doesn't stand out very well unless it's in the sunlight. I'm thinking about getting the rosewood model though.

Back