EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

I hadn't washed my work truck for way too long and it was crusty dirty outside and in, so I gave it a thorough double wash on the slope next to the house, racks and cab top down to the wheels. I took it over to the front of the shop, emptied the cab, vac'd it all out, wiped down the interior, and washed the windows. There's a lotta room behind the single cab F350's seat and I keep quite a few tools back there, so I got everything sorted, reorganized, and stowed neatly away before taking a few pics of today's carry.

I've got 7 Grips (think I like 'em?) and this is the only one with stock handles because it's a 551-1702 with sweet paper Micarta and open-back construction--M390 too, which makes it even sweeter.

mSgUX9t.jpg

o604PXT.jpg

Out and about with the Keen, around the house with the Black Talon II. Really digging both of these knives. :)

pSZDIVQ.jpg
I've been eying the gray plain handle Keen, looks like a cool little knife. how's the action and detent?

Last edited:
I've beeneying the gray plain handle Keen, looks like a cool little knife. how's the action and detent?

Perfect detent for me: Can't be opened by inertia, even with a wrist-whip, and crisp for a nice firm flipping action. Mine doesn't quite drop free yet, but it's also still breaking in; out of the box the action was quite nice.

The only other bearing flippers I've owned have been ZTs. For about $80 more my best ZTs have dropped free out of the box and been a bit more glassy on the opening (notably the 0562 and 0452). On the whole the action is excellent for the Keen's price point -- which is really true for the knife as a whole. Highly recommended. :)

Perfect detent for me: Can't be opened by inertia, even with a wrist-whip, and crisp for a nice firm flipping action. Mine doesn't quite drop free yet, but it's also still breaking in; out of the box the action was quite nice.

The only other bearing flippers I've owned have been ZTs. For about $80 more my best ZTs have dropped free out of the box and been a bit more glassy on the opening (notably the 0562 and 0452). On the whole the action is excellent for the Keen's price point -- which is really true for the knife as a whole. Highly recommended. :)

I love my 0452 and my 0450..... I've been deciding on an 0562 for work. I just bought a Reate though.... maybe n a couple more weeks.

Oh. My. God.
Revealed old unreal game yesterday that blew my mind. Listened some ost like ten times with exclamations that my translation would be for "are you fukin kidding me!?!?" Game name is VVVVVV. What was funny about it's title, I laughed looking at these bottles today

15661113691560.jpg

Damn!
Developers has got a really tough steel pair!
And this is what happens to water in russia, when someone is looting and has absolutely no pair.

15661113305641.jpg

Lootin's piss.
I don’t even know how to wash a mug with that.

Anyway, about the game, if u want to know and didnt see it before. The idea is the character lives in a world where he cant actually jump, but changes gravity easily to make one.
Guys, if you didnt hear this, i believe you really dont want to miss it. The ost starts at 8:51
Vibe absolutely doubles what happens on the screen.

Haha, now i need to watch again.
I contacted the guy, bcoz i really thought it was TAS, but no, he actually played it like this. Crazy.

Oh. My. God.
Revealed old unreal game yesterday that blew my mind. Listened some ost like ten times with exclamations that my translation would be for "are you fukin kidding me!?!?" Game name is VVVVVV. What was funny about it's title, I laughed looking at these bottles today

15661113691560.jpg

Damn!
Developers has got a really tough steel pair!
And this is what happens to water in russia, when someone is looting and has absolutely no pair.

15661113305641.jpg

Lootin's piss.
I don’t even know how to wash a mug with that.

Anyway, about the game, if u want to know and didnt see it before. The idea is the character lives in a world where he cant actually jump, but changes gravity easily to make one.
Guys, if you didnt hear this, i believe you really dont want to miss it. The ost starts at 8:51
Vibe absolutely doubles what happens on the screen.

Haha, now i need to watch again.
I contacted the guy, bcoz i really thought it was TAS, but no, he actually played it like this. Crazy.
I fear it might be something stronger than rum this time.

^Nice rack! ;)
Careful, FF, you'll get filtrum going and in more trouble. :rolleyes:

I posted an older pic of this knife in a Griptilian thread yesterday, so I figured I'd carry it today, though carry's a bit of a stretch as I'm having a seriously lazy Sunday, just hanging around the house in the shorts I slept in. I really like almost everything about this knife as I'm a big Kevin Wilkins fanboy. The S30V blade has a great look, a very useful shape, and took a wicked sharp polished edge very easily. Wilkins grips fit my hand just great (this is my third set) and my only quibble is the deep-carry clip creates a bit of a hot spot, though most all of that ilk do.

xPfoMj8.jpg

0VHSUL4.jpg

Last edited:
Back