EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Page 818 on 8/18, and it's my b'day...way past my 18th though.:(
e4JCh4F.jpg

I've been having a ball pairing a reasonable EDC folder with a delightfully unreasonable Cold Steel monster knife, and today's no exception: PM2 out and about, Frenzy around the house. Of the four CS megafolders I own, this one is the most pocketable by a country mile. This knife is a hoot. :D

Ec62i43.jpg

Happy birthday Barman1 Barman1 ! You should celebrate by buying yourself a wicked nice knife!
It was 8/19 somewhere in the world when you were born and also when you posted, Barman. I'm sure, given your profession, you're familiar with the expression, "It's 5 o'clock somewhere." So Happy Birthday, dude, though I expect you're not 19 either. :p
Thanks!
And definitely nowhere near 19.

Happy birthday Barman1 Barman1 ! You should celebrate by buying yourself a wicked nice knife!
My goal for this weekend was to spend no money.
Be a bad influence again and I'll be forced to add you to my ignore list!;):D:p
And thanks!

Not an ideal whittler, but a thunderstorm this morning left broken branches scattered all over my yard for me to noodle around on while sitting out back with my wife so this was today's OTF whittler:

SrkZwlZ.jpg

Haven't seen that OTF before. What model is that?

Damn, didn't get it posted on time. Page 819.
Oh well, typical.

It was 8/19 somewhere in the world when you were born and also when you posted, Barman. I'm sure, given your profession, you're familiar with the expression, "It's 5 o'clock somewhere." So Happy Birthday, dude, though I expect you're not 19 either. :p

And here I thought you were born yesterday. Happy birthday!

Dpw4eaW.jpg

ZT 0095S90BLK

Haven't seen that OTF before. What model is that?

Uh-oh, into the can of worms we go. It's a Chinese OTF that isn't a clone or a counterfeit that I know of, but is made by a well known clone & counterfeit maker, Vespa.

As far as I know, though, this particular model is not a clone or a counterfeit, and it's one of my favorite autos. I see it like someone enjoying their Microtech UTX-85, which is an original design, even though the UTX-85 maker also produces clones (e.g. the Matrix). I can handle the torches and pitchforks, it's a great little auto.

I think this model is called the Ripper, and the other one I have is a Darkstar or something similar, but I may be mixing them up. This one has a tritium vial in the switch, incidentally.

Uh-oh, into the can of worms we go. It's a Chinese OTF that isn't a clone or a counterfeit that I know of, but is made by a well known clone & counterfeit maker, Vespa.

As far as I know, though, this particular model is not a clone or a counterfeit, and it's one of my favorite autos. I see it like someone enjoying their Microtech UTX-85, which is an original design, even though the UTX-85 maker also produces clones (e.g. the Matrix). I can handle the torches and pitchforks, it's a great little auto.

I think this model is called the Ripper, and the other one I have is a Darkstar or something similar, but I may be mixing them up. This one has a tritium vial in the switch, incidentally.

I dont mind where a knife is made as long as its high quality. I own a couple horizon bladeworks OTFs made in china and they are fine by me. Id love a microtech but they werent in the budget at the time. As far as clones thats another subject. If a company makes them i dont buy them personally but would possibly buy original designs, if again, the quality is there. Its a good looking OTF Imo. Thanks for the info.

Back