1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 39 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Cold Steel Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Cold Steel Knives Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Merch Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Sept 28 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Week 38 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream, going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by rycen, Apr 20, 2018.

1. toal299

toal299 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 17, 2017
  2. K.O.D.

K.O.D. Water my a**! Get this guy some pepto bismol! Platinum Member

Aug 21, 2013
    Afternoon y'all.

[​IMG]

Not many places sell real beef jerky-dried and salted. This has some Cajun seasoning mixed in. So good, but makes me sweat. Good stuff.

3. Lander boy Matt

Lander boy Matt

Aug 12, 2019
    Sorry, newbie here. Still trying ti figure iut how to post pics. Anyway its my everyday cv trapper with a piece of chert i found near my home

4. Murphjd25

Murphjd25 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 27, 2016
  5. Fullflat

Fullflat Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 4, 2018
  6. mt666tm

mt666tm

Nov 20, 2012
    Just got this BM 111 as a beach knife that I don't have to worry about. I reprofiled the bullnose to give it a tip, and took the kids to catch some fish and crabs.

[​IMG]

7. ErocSD

ErocSD Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 21, 2019

How is the action on that Spydie flipper? i love the orange peel and the dimensions of the Advocate.

TenShun705, Fullflat and Murphjd25 like this.
  8. ErocSD

Jan 21, 2019
    Day 5 of the Clyde; detent is getting nice and broken in, I can do a one handed flip open if I hold it right; still working on that but since there is no lockbar I don't have to worry about pressing the lockbar down. I guess that is one benefit of the liner lock. speaking of, the liner is still solid, no lock rock at all, action is getting smooth but not dropping shut, not sure it will ever drop shut. not a big deal but it is one thing to consider if that is important to you. I did put a drop of CLP breakfree on it day 3, helped smooth it out but no drop.

Micarta is wearing in Great! I love natural linen micarta; it has so much personality. So there is my update on the clyde, almost a week in the pocket and used well..... I can't wait to go back to carrying my DPX Flipper though.

Here are some side by sides for size comparison, I wish I had a Liong Mah Lanny to compare it to.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
  9. Murphjd25

Murphjd25 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 27, 2016
    It’s really not bad at all but it’s no ZT or Gen 6 Hinderer. I put it back in the safe tonight after work, the orange peel is slippery to me and with it being “slippery” I’m not to fond of the clip retention. I keep meaning to list it for sale but I can’t bring myself to do it, it is a beautiful Gayle Bradley knife.

Edgeoflife, Fullflat and ErocSD like this.
  10. ErocSD

Jan 21, 2019

Thanks, it looks great. it's on my list but I've got a pretty long list already haha.

Fullflat and Murphjd25 like this.
  11. K.O.D.

Aug 21, 2013
    Everyone is new once, and everyone makes mistakes. Here on the forums, you are allowed 2 per six months. Otherwise, well I have the scars from the pitchforks and torches to prove it.

All kidding aside, you need to use an image hosting site like imgur. Or a paid membership.

What is the knife in the first pic far right?

12. Barman1

Barman1 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Oops.:rolleyes:

ErocSD likes this.
  13. ErocSD

Jan 21, 2019
    Liong mah warrior 2 v2, one hell of a knife. I want one in drop point, liong says he doesnt have a plan for that though.

Edgeoflife and Fullflat like this.
  14. Chariotz4

Chariotz4 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jul 5, 2016
    I love the PM2 almost as much as I love breaking in new knives:

[​IMG]

15. WValtakis

WValtakis Hand Engraving, Anodizing and Embellishment Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 29, 2004
    Carrying the D/A Vallotton Sebbie today;)

[​IMG]

16. bflying

bflying Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 4, 2014
    Not sure what happened. Already had the 0456 on me. But suddenly had the urge to grab the Ultimate Hunter for my leisurely bank run on the bike.

[​IMG]

17. K.O.D.

Aug 21, 2013
    Most people use guns and a car when they rob a bank.

To each their own...

18. bflying

bflying Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 4, 2014
    Really is a great knife. But also, as you well know, when bouncing around in a bank lobby screaming, up and down from the counters, you don't even want to take a chance with a slippery knife. ;)

One thing about the Ultimate, what an amazing, rock solid, comfortable grip. And the lockup? Fu-git-about-it.

K.O.D., TenShun705 and Fullflat like this.
  19. pehota

pehota

Feb 9, 2015