EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Not an ideal whittler, but a thunderstorm this morning left broken branches scattered all over my yard for me to noodle around on while sitting out back with my wife so this was today's OTF whittler:

SrkZwlZ.jpg
Damn, no reviews or pics or vids on darkstar. Can u please make a pic of straight angle, just like u did this with ripper?

It was supposed to be a bit cooler today, and while the humidity was down, the temperature stayed up. I stayed with my Tabargan which has moved into my work user rotation. I cut a bit of asphalt felt and peeled off some loose latex paint with it in the course of things today. Sitting in the shade having a little lunch and cooling off....

HRN6kvf.jpg

3eameHK.jpg

It was supposed to be a bit cooler today, and while the humidity was down, the temperature stayed up. I stayed with my Tabargan which has moved into my work user rotation. I cut a bit of asphalt felt and peeled off some loose latex paint with it in the course of things today. Sitting in the shade having a little lunch and cooling off....

HRN6kvf.jpg

3eameHK.jpg

It's a cool knife. However the name makes me think of a toboggan purchased at the dollar store.

Today, a lightweight, discrete fella for the gym.

Wfkm2Ru.jpg

I am something of a neanderthal of all trades. Yes, I did do all the leather in that pic. I am only just starting to dip my foot into carving, so I've been a little shy of posting my juvenile attempts in Sheaths and Such. But then I've been messing with leather craft for about a year and almost everything I've learned how to do came from information I took from that subforum. I should make more of an effort to participate.

I thought it looked great. That's why I mentioned it. And I agree, the Sheaths and Such is an absolute treasure for those of us that are still (always) learning.

IMG_6944.JPG
My new CQI fluted millie showed up today and comparing it to my non CQI g10 millie all i can say is wow! The contoured and grooved ti scales and Reeve integral framelock are quite the step up as well as all the small CQI improvements. The action is smoother and i was pleasantly surprised to discover its actually a little thinner and only about .75 oz heavier than my PJ G10 millie. Considering the large ti slabs thats pretty impressive. A fine example indeed :D

Jealous. If I could afford it, I'd buy a medium Tighe Rod. Had the small, but it was too small. I'm in the process of figuring out what I can do for work. 3 years on disability has not been kind.

I am in the market for a new knife, but under $200.

I like unique stuff. Interesting colors materials. I may buy a sprint PM2, custom scale it, and low ride pocket clip it. We'll see.

Back