EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

So I've swapped out the steel detent for ceramic, nylon washers for bronze, added a detent ramp...might be done messing with the Maximus for now;)

Zero play, dead centered, rock solid lockup, and buttery smooth action with a crisp detent...oh, and it's bone dry:eek::D

SmartSelect_20190901-171437_Gallery.gif

I think it’s just the angle of the picture
I admit it's not the ocd like center, but it almost there if compare with my barrage. It actually is surprising, bcoz i saw a chinese knife like that and was sure they did bad, now i wonder if that happens occasionally or bm does on purpose

I agree it's a great knife. I have the s90 cf sprint run. I'm just not a huge compression lock fan. I think it's how much I need to adjust my grip to actuate it. I'm getting much better at it, but it's not as natural as some of my other folders.

Edit to add.
A smock button lock type compression lock would be cool too. View attachment 1189387
For sure it takes time to get use to a compression lock and even with that it’s a personal preference.My first one was years ago a pm 2 digi cam and many many more since then.So I’ve had much time with a compression lock and it’s just second nature for me now using them.I’m also a lefty and using either hand to disengage at this point is effortless. Love your CF Shaman sprint run!:thumbsup:

Nice thats one clean looking folder! What model is that?

Thanks! It's the Haddock by Jens Anso, here in the version done by Böker in Solingen. It is indeed a very clean looking knife and one of my favorite EDCs at the moment. I find the modified sheepsfoot very practical for my daily knife uses, it cuts very well despite being 4.5 mm thick at the spine (the grind is a high hollow), sits nice in hand (not too slim) yet is still very pocketable. Overall it's the best of both worlds from my hollow ground BM550 and the BM940 (in terms of size, grind, etc.), definitely is a sweet spot for me.

Back