EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Gentlemen's EDC kind of Saturday

VwjYlWSh.jpg

Nice OTF. Whats the make and model of that one?
If rocket design outsource them, i am sure as hell Andy makes them, i mean, just look at the finish and slider and everything. Like two water drops.
And his otf venom, yeah

sun popped in on this partly cloudy day and gave my knife a temporary ano job
Did it ht the blade? Them six thousand degrees...

Yes. I’ve had the glass breaker on one Ultratech come loose
Great! Did you apply thread locker?

I c screws' ends are not rounded on these. I like the regular ones more

Up here at our Vermont place we've got a fair number of birch trees just like that, Filtrum. The marsh edge of our lower acreage is in the last stage of forest succession to northern hardwoods and the birches lean toward the light, some falling over from their sheer weight and others simply dying in place as they're not shade tolerant. The key to your knife trick is the mushroom growing out of the side of that rotten stem which is likely softer than a sneaker full of sh*t.
Oh, great, my forestphobia just came away, thanks!

Two day's worth here as we have no hard-wired internet at our shack in the woods and the wireless signal varies between weak and none through of cellular Yagi antenna and booster. Uploading pics to Imgur and posting were a no-go last night.

After sharpening my 0452 two nights ago I ended up re-doing it the next morning as the sharpening choil doesn't extend past the plunge grind and I was very unhappy with the un-apexed, raggedy-ass edge at the back. I don't mind a little beard there and cut away with a diamond plate before smoothing out and blending with the 220, 400, 1000 hones and 3000 polishing tape. I had it on me yesterday as I worked on the tow-behind mower deck greasing and re-tightening the wheel axle-stubs and height adjusters which turn and operate wicked smoothly on their sleeved bearings.

hfI3OQc.jpg

cso451X.jpg

Today we went to the dump and ran errands to towns this side and across the river. The weather's been beautiful since we got here and warmed up considerably for the next-to-last day of Summer, 2019. After returning to camp we sat on the deck for a bit enjoying the sun, breeze, the smell of the woods, and emerging autumn colors before heading out the woods road to clear both ends of the culverts before the leaves begin falling in earnest again. I took a short ride out front in the Ranger after and grabbed a few yellow transparent off one of our trees that border the road along our small south field.

GB2kUil.jpg

OtPXVhg.jpg

I carried my 710-1401 with custom Keyman scales today which made the trip not for sharpening but because its a favorite as its M390 blade still has the scary-sharp edge I gave it a while back.

Two day's worth here as we have no hard-wired internet at our shack in the woods and the wireless signal varies between weak and none through of cellular Yagi antenna and booster. Uploading pics to Imgur and posting were a no-go last night.

After sharpening my 0452 two nights ago I ended up re-doing it the next morning as the sharpening choil doesn't extend past the plunge grind and I was very unhappy with the un-apexed, raggedy-ass edge at the back. I don't mind a little beard there and cut away with a diamond plate before smoothing out and blending with the 220, 400, 1000 hones and 3000 polishing tape. I had it on me yesterday as I worked on the tow-behind mower deck greasing and re-tightening the wheel axle-stubs and height adjusters which turn and operate wicked smoothly and solidly again on their sleeved bearings.

hfI3OQc.jpg

cso451X.jpg

Today we went to the dump and ran errands to towns this side and across the river. The weather's been beautiful since we got here and warmed up considerably for the next-to-last day of Summer, 2019. After returning to camp we sat on the deck for a bit enjoying the sun, breeze, the smell of the woods, and emerging autumn colors before heading out the woods road to clear both ends of the culverts before the leaves begin falling in earnest again. I took a short ride out front in the Ranger after and grabbed a few yellow transparent off one of our trees that border the road along our small south field.

GB2kUil.jpg

OtPXVhg.jpg

I carried my 710-1401 with custom Keyman scales today which made the trip not for sharpening but because its a favorite as its M390 blade still has the scary-sharp edge I gave it a while back.

Back