EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

8O3mLUS.jpg

R5uzG4m.jpg

Last edited:
Two day's worth here as we have no hard-wired internet at our shack in the woods and the wireless signal varies between weak and none through of cellular Yagi antenna and booster. Uploading pics to Imgur and posting were a no-go last night.

After sharpening my 0452 two nights ago I ended up re-doing it the next morning as the sharpening choil doesn't extend past the plunge grind and I was very unhappy with the un-apexed, raggedy-ass edge at the back. I don't mind a little beard there and cut away with a diamond plate before smoothing out and blending with the 220, 400, 1000 hones and 3000 polishing tape. I had it on me yesterday as I worked on the tow-behind mower deck greasing and re-tightening the wheel axle-stubs and height adjusters which turn and operate wicked smoothly and solidly again on their sleeved bearings.

hfI3OQc.jpg

cso451X.jpg

Today we went to the dump and ran errands to towns this side and across the river. The weather's been beautiful since we got here and warmed up considerably for the next-to-last day of Summer, 2019. After returning to camp we sat on the deck for a bit enjoying the sun, breeze, the smell of the woods, and emerging autumn colors before heading out the woods road to clear both ends of the culverts before the leaves begin falling in earnest again. I took a short ride out front in the Ranger after and grabbed a few yellow transparent off one of our trees that border the road along our small south field.

GB2kUil.jpg

OtPXVhg.jpg

I carried my 710-1401 with custom Keyman scales today which made the trip not for sharpening but because its a favorite as its M390 blade still has the scary-sharp edge I gave it a while back.
That's one beautiful 710. I still can't believe BM stopped producing it. I miss that knife.

That's one beautiful 710. I still can't believe BM stopped producing it. I miss that knife.

Thanks, brother. I guess when a knife's sales figures drop below a certain point it makes economic sense to discontinue that model, but I just shake my head when considering some of the great knives that Benchmade no longer produces. The 710 is a classic and one of the best folders ever made. I have two G10/D2's--one user and one like new saver--to go along with my holey beauty and carry one of two regularly.

vla6Xh5.jpg

Kindly excuse the greasy thumbprint--I had just gotten out a couple parts to work on putting the field mower back together.

Thanks, brother. I guess when a knife's sales figures drop below a certain point it makes economic sense to discontinue that model, but I just shake my head when considering some of the great knives that Benchmade no longer produces. The 710 is a classic and one of the best folders ever made. I have two G10/D2's--one user and one like new saver--to go along with my holey beauty and carry one of two regularly.

vla6Xh5.jpg

Kindly excuse the greasy thumbprint--I had just gotten out a couple parts to work on putting the field mower back together.
I love the 710!
Discontinuing it was not one of BM’s better ideas.
I have six 710’s. - 2 LE in M390 with crowned spines, 1 stock spine in M390, 1 LE in M4 & 2 LE’s in M2.

That’s a beauty you’ve got there a ChazzyP

IMG_8561.jpg IMG_8515.JPG IMG_8546.JPG IMG_8564.jpg IMG_8565.jpg Yesterday we went out on a slightly smaller but still plenty capable boat and did better than the day before bringing in a decent haul of redfish keepers, a couple nice bull reds, along with a snapper and a black drum. Had the pacific salt with me again for rigging up broken lines and such. A great weekend comes to a wind down in preparation for the 4 hour drive back home but will do it again next year.

Attachments

• IMG_8565.jpg
    IMG_8565.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 0
I love the 710!
Discontinuing it was not one of BM’s better ideas.
I have six 710’s. - 2 LE in M390 with crowned spines, 1 stock spine in M390, 1 LE in M4 & 2 LE’s in M2.

That’s a beauty you’ve got there a ChazzyP

I'm not familiar with the crowned spine/M390 LE's. Were those released directly through BMK or some sort of dealer exclusives? Something else for the want list.... :rolleyes:

The beauty of my knife comes thanks of BMK, a bit from EdgePro, and a lot from you, brother. :D

Alliuse, what kind of scales are those? Really nice- eye candy but still subtle enough that it's not totally in your face. I ask because I got a ZT 0562 with really obnoxiously loud scales that I don't want to keep on it for EDC.
I'm afraid to even post it here because of the boos and hisses I'm going to get for the bling of the scales coming with it.

https://imgur.com/RW3hnr0

Last edited:
Back