EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

obzZtOh.jpg

IMG-20191021-141104-893.jpg

Benchmade 940... sort of.

Blade is from @razor-edge-knives, scales are from Rockscale Design, backspacer (not pictured) is from @deathofallthings and the clip is from MXG... the axis chassis and fasteners are all that remain of the original knife. My dream 940 for half the price of a gold class model.

Wow, that looks amazing.

T.L.E. that's a hell of a 940 you made.

"Made" suggests too much credit. Curated maybe.

What's really remarkable is that a knife where each individual component was made by a different craftsman fits together perfectly, locks up solid and has a centered blade.

"Made" suggests too much credit. Curated maybe.

What's really remarkable is that a knife where each individual component was made by a different craftsman fits together perfectly, locks up solid and has a centered blade.

A Benchmade that's centered? Egad what has the world come to?

Rocking this guy again.

hAfWsdJ.jpg

@4mer_FMF , interesting to see your Southard posted right after my AFCK yesterday. They're different knives in a lot of ways but visually very similar too.

Petunia D. Feeble Petunia D. Feeble , that "Benchmade 940...sort of" is wicked cool and a helluva project whether you made or "curated" it. It reminds me of my "Benchmade 551...sort of" with only its AXIS guts and liners left after changing out to Wilkins hardcoat aluminum scales, blade, and clip. My parts are all from a single maker, though, and I didn't even curate mine--just found it as is on the Exchange.

The Aflac Duck The Aflac Duck , I forget who called it the Samuel L Jack'Zaan, but that name is almost as bad-ass as your knife.

@Mr.sig239 , I've always loved that handle pattern on the F95. Great acquisition. Did that come from V_K?

Yesterday I worked at firewood around the woodshed and scrap piles, cutting, moving, and tightening things up as winter approaches. I ran into a snake under a stack of 2x cut-offs, so I put one in my pocket today.

4oDjWva.jpg

KFB6f6x.jpg

Back