EDC2 3V test I would like to see.

A341946D-C3A5-4788-989E-808C2857005B.jpeg 60CD1BC9-7305-45D0-877B-377D02300EAE.jpeg Picture of EDC2 3V and Busse Bad before hammer strike.

What will happen?

"Not going to happen unless I loose my mind"

Last edited:
INFI vs D3V? Hmm...my guess would be that they cut into each other!

Come on guys. I would love to see results but I’m not brave enough, dumb enough or rich enough.

I would love to have your opinion though and thought this would get your attention.

Come on guys. I would love to see results but I’m not brave enough, dumb enough or rich enough.

I would love to have your opinion though and thought this would get your attention.

If that's the case, why did you start this thread? Yeah, it got my attention, but not in a positive way. (I'm being polite here.;))

I apologize if I posted in wrong area. I don't chat much but mainly observe so please move if need be. I love both steels but have always wondered what would be the result of such a test. Regardless I would still use both. I carry the EDC2 of course. Carry a field knife in my truck and have a 2008 Hell Razor for camping.

I apologize if I posted in wrong area. I don't chat much but mainly observe so please move if need be. I love both steels but have always wondered what would be the result of such a test. Regardless I would still use both.

Total agreement here with UffDa.

Just close this thread and re-open it in the correct venue. To say you are going to do something without any intention of doing it goes beyond poor judgment and borders on spam, at least IMHO. No offense intended, of course.......:thumbsdown:

I would guess that the delta 3V would slice through the INFI to a point, and then the toughness on the INFI would overcome the higher hardness of the 3V and the 3V would crack. Just a guess mind you.

3405c4227ee022e6541be5c650cdf9d4.jpg

I would guess that the delta 3V would slice through the INFI to a point, and then the toughness on the INFI would overcome the higher hardness of the 3V and the 3V would crack. Just a guess mind you.
That sounds about right to me.

That is in fact what will happen. The harder thinner D3V will cut into the thicker softer Infi to a point until the section of the Infi reaches a point that exceeds the strength of the D3V where its lower ductility (plate martensite in that EDC) will lead to a break.

D3V at HRC 62 ~ 350,000 PSI, Infi ~320,000 PSI. ECD .030 BTE, Infi ~ .040 BTE. ~4 DPS primary / ~5 DPS primary

The EDC will cut into the Busse for ~ 1/8" then break

The test doesn't tell you anything about the cutting characteristics or edge retention of either knife. Both knives are high end high performance tools that deserve better.

Thank you Nathan for great response. I do love Your knives and the ergos are second to none.
I always have one of your knives close by if not on me.

Last edited:
Clicking on this thread was two minutes of my life I'll never get back. WTF?

Back