EDC2 3V test I would like to see.

I double dog dare ya to do it! (hey, it's not my money). Or better yet send them both to me and I'll tell ya that I did it and since Nathan already told us, I'll just repeat that.:rolleyes:

Thank you Nathan for great response. I do love Your knives and the ergos are second to none.
I always have one of your knives close by if not on me.

I'll one-up you. Perhaps close by and maybe on you, but a few of us have had the "pleasure" of having one or two "in" us, at least those of us who are dumbsy (dumb and clumsy):):D

I'll one-up you. Perhaps close by and maybe on you, but a few of us have had the "pleasure" of having one or two "in" us, at least those of us who are dumbsy (dumb and clumsy):):D

Lets see the blood. lol

Lets see the blood. lol

If you take about an hour to read the subforum's threads, I am sure you will find the images. They were posted and many members will remember, I'm sure. Deepest was with a Shiv and took around 2 mo to fully close and longer for the internal scar to absorb. It's a scary mean blade!

One key point that seems to be missed is that the unique thing about the Boney Active Duty specifically is that they were hardened quite a bit harder than normal Infi, 60-62. So there's a chance they would both be the same hardness.

One key point that seems to be missed is that the unique thing about the Boney Active Duty specifically is that they were hardened quite a bit harder than normal Infi, 60-62. So there's a chance they would both be the same hardness.

You are exactly right and that's why I own it. I think Nathan's 3V would still have the edge at first just like he mentioned. Nathan knows his steels and that's why his knives sell the way they do. I like that he makes them to be used.

That is in fact what will happen. The harder thinner D3V will cut into the thicker softer Infi to a point until the section of the Infi reaches a point that exceeds the strength of the D3V where its lower ductility (plate martensite in that EDC) will lead to a break.

D3V at HRC 62 ~ 350,000 PSI, Infi ~320,000 PSI. ECD .030 BTE, Infi ~ .040 BTE. ~4 DPS primary / ~5 DPS primary

The EDC will cut into the Busse for ~ 1/8" then break

The test doesn't tell you anything about the cutting characteristics or edge retention of either knife. Both knives are high end high performance tools that deserve better.

The BAD is actually thinner than the EDC2 1/8” vs 5/32”.

Vaguely remember Nathan mentioning something to the effect of approaching Jerry years ago, but that idea didn't go anywhere. These days though, the sign on the door must say, "very, very busy... so don't call us, we may or may not call you". :D
I agree, The CPK Team are doing Just Fine:DNo Collab needed:thumbsup:
th

Last edited:
I think Nathan stated that he floated the idea of making a HDFK in Infi, before deciding on doing the D2(PSF27) but Jerry wasn’t very receptive.
Too bad, a HDFK in Infi sounds like a good idea. I would have bought one. However, I’m fine with my Delta 3V version.:thumbsup:;)

Last edited:
I'm extremely happy with D3V. Seeing the edge after gravel, sand and rocks, it held its own compared to some other steels that went through the same media. So much I want to say, but can't until after October!

Then you better start compiling, writing and savings your thoughts / opinion because after your NDA is over and done with, we'd luv to see your experiences and assessments in form of a comprehensive review. How's that for a challenge? ;)

Back