EDChef Pass Around Thread

Pass around should be:

• EDChef

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Prevail

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Barax

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Something different/new (and please explain in a post, thanks!)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aw too late, I already radiused the spine...

This model looks really good.

If a spot opens up, I’d like to participate.

Thank you.

This model looks really good.

If a spot opens up, I’d like to participate.

Thank you.

Thank you my friend! The last spot was just claimed as of yesterday, but if a spot come available, you will be the first one I contact.

Maybe I'll actually leave the texturing for now. I am really getting low on sanding drums, and waiting for new ones in the mail, but if I forgo the texturing, chances are better I can get the EDChef out Friday.

May as well keep the updates in this thread?

The chef arrived all good on my end, yesterday. Some photos below, of the pass around EDCchef.

1st photo (pass around is light natural brown micarta w/red liners, bottom knife)plus 2 early examples of the EDChef - in darker brown micarta and green/black g-10 . Lastly, a Kajawara Funayuki at the top, and a Takamura Santoku in the last photo:

XxOleiol.jpg

8Il3mNsl.jpg

ChDVwiRl.jpg

AfzaPgCl.jpg

More to come.

Thanks for posting! Looking forward to seeing more.

Hurrul Hurrul it will be interesting to see what Your preference is, since you have others to compare to..... :D
don't rush your testing. Your data points are going to be more valuable then ours/perhaps?

*I'd like to see a grip shot in hand, comparing the various edchef's

Hurrul Hurrul it will be interesting to see what Your preference is, since you have others to compare to..... :D
don't rush your testing. Your data points are going to be more valuable then ours/perhaps?

*I'd like to see a grip shot in hand, comparing the various edchef's
Interesting differences between the OG chefs and the new passaround piece. I'm glad I am able to hold the newest offering as it's different enough to be it's own knife.

I don't know if woodysone woodysone is in the passaround. If he is, he has a couple original EDChef blades to compare.

I'll get some pictures in hand in a couple of days.

Gorgeous knife. I like the concept. I think a worthy variant where the FFG goes the whole length of the blade would give such a short blade more functionality imho but at a trade off to comfort. Similar to the Japanese Deba Made in Vanax, Magna Cut or LC200N and you have a weeener.

4616752fe23247cc12b67eca835454f4_large.jpg

Thank you very much. This is a new variant on the EDChef I am trying out with a little more focus on being stouter, and a little more compact for EDC, while hopefully still providing superior food prep performance to your typical EDC knife. I am looking forward to the feedback from the guys who have signed up for the pass around, especially those guys who have an EDChef already. Hoping to gain insights into the future of the design.

Thank you very much. This is a new variant on the EDChef I am trying out with a little more focus on being stouter, and a little more compact for EDC, while hopefully still providing superior food prep performance to your typical EDC knife. I am looking forward to the feedback from the guys who have signed up for the pass around, especially those guys who have an EDChef already. Hoping to gain insights into the future of the design.
I've been staring at Hurrul Hurrul 's different versions imagining which one I'd like the best?

The nice thing about custom is even if I go in a certain direction, I can always go back for a one off.

The nice thing about custom is even if I go in a certain direction, I can always go back for a one off.
as long as you have the patterns traced out, and saved..... We're good.

Back