• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

SOLD - EDChef Prototype

David Mary

pass the mustard - after you cut it
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
This was made based on an impromptu design collaboration between me and OutdoorsFamilyMan4 OutdoorsFamilyMan4 . He and I discussed edc fixed blades, and I expressed my love of wharncliffes and good slicers, while he expressed his love of a less aggressive blade profile and a little belly. The result is the "Every Day Chef", an easy to carry super slicer that lends itself to light utility tasks and food prep.

This is the prototype, in 1/8" thick ~1080 steel from a sawmill blade. It was heat treated, quenched in Canola oil, and tempered at 400° F. It is ground to >.0012" behind the edge, with a 15° per side primary edge, and 20° per side microbevel. It has black paper micarta handle scales and brass tubes. Comes in a custom molded Kydex sheath.

I hope to make more of this blade profile using 1080, 1084, and AEB-L.

Thanks for looking!

$OLD!

IMG_5989.JPG
IMG_5990.JPG
IMG_5991.JPG
IMG_5988.JPG

Last edited:
Thank you TDOG1!

The blade length is 4", though I can make them at any length.

And this one is sold!

As the person who had a small bit of input (David is too kind and generous, he did all the hard work ), I felt it only fitting to purchase the first of our design.
I received it in the mail and have not been able to put it down. It’s better than I could have ever thought. It’s going to be the perfect blade for day hikes and picnics with the kids, as well as an all around cutter/slicer for other daily tasks. Stay tuned in the review section for a more in depth review of this blade once I put it through its paces. Thanks again David

Keep an eye out for some more of these coming in AEB-L. I have three on the way to Rob for heat treatment as we speak, one in 1/16, one in 1/8", and one just shy of 1/8" thick. They are at least a few weeks away still, but will be among my first priorities once they arrive back.

Gorgeous little knife... I could see using That all the time! :D

Only thing..... I think it would be better with solid pins, as to keep out raw meat juices, etc..... Copper with your black paper would really POP.

I need to add You to my list, and I need to figure out what I want to order....haha

Thanks for the kind words!

And the build you mentioned is doable with materials I currently have in stock. ;)

Back